Dublicate and missing songs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    grav

I’m using mt-daapd v0.2.4 on Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake).
    On the client side, I’m using latest iTunes on a Powerbook G4. When getting the list of songs from the mt-server, a lot of songs are missing and instead a lot of dublicates show up. Some albums contain all songs twice, others contain a couple of dublicates but are missing others. I really can’t find a pattern.

I have tried deleting /var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.gdb and then rescanning. Still dublicates show up – although not the same after rescanning.

What to do?

rpedde
    Participant

@grav wrote:

I’m using mt-daapd v0.2.4 on Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake).
    On the client side, I’m using latest iTunes on a Powerbook G4. When getting the list of songs from the mt-server, a lot of songs are missing and instead a lot of dublicates show up. Some albums contain all songs twice, others contain a couple of dublicates but are missing others. I really can’t find a pattern.

I have tried deleting /var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.gdb and then rescanning. Still dublicates show up – although not the same after rescanning.

What to do?

Do you have your songs split over multiple physical disks? If so, that’s the culprit. You’ll need to be running nightlies to fix that.

0.2.x uses inode as a unique index to the songs. Obviously if the songs are on a different physical device, the inodes aren’t unique, so you’ll potentially end up with duplicates.

— Ron

grav

@rpedde wrote:

Do you have your songs split over multiple physical disks? If so, that’s the culprit. You’ll need to be running nightlies to fix that.

0.2.x uses inode as a unique index to the songs. Obviously if the songs are on a different physical device, the inodes aren’t unique, so you’ll potentially end up with duplicates.

— Ron

No, songs are on the same physical disk and the same logical partition.

rpedde
    Participant

@grav wrote:

No, songs are on the same physical disk and the same logical partition.

Is there a specific reason you can’t run nightlies? I can help troubleshoot this with 0.2.4 if you want, but I’m pretty sure that nightlies would Just Work ™.

If you need/want to continue running 0.2.4, though, the thing to do is put a logfile in your config, delete the songs.gdb, and run mt-daapd with -d9. Connect to the server and get at least one example (with filename, etc) of a duplicated song and a missing song.

Then zip up the generated log file and mail it to me at “ron at pedde.com”. Give the the details on what’s missing and what’s duped, and I’ll look through the log file and try to find out why.

— Ron

grav

@rpedde wrote:

Is there a specific reason you can’t run nightlies? I can help troubleshoot this with 0.2.4 if you want, but I’m pretty sure that nightlies would Just Work ™.

If you need/want to continue running 0.2.4, though, the thing to do is put a logfile in your config, delete the songs.gdb, and run mt-daapd with -d9. Connect to the server and get at least one example (with filename, etc) of a duplicated song and a missing song.

Then zip up the generated log file and mail it to me at “ron at pedde.com”. Give the the details on what’s missing and what’s duped, and I’ll look through the log file and try to find out why.

— Ron

I’ll look into the nightlies and report back! 🙂

pimlottc

I’m also running mt-daapd 0.2.4 on Ubuntu 6.06, and I had the same problem; some songs missing, some duplicated. I tried with both rhythmbox and git as clients and it was the same way. I did what rpedde suggested, set up a log, deleted the db and ran it at -d9. So far, though, I haven’t found any duplicates or missing tracks. I’ll let you know if it comes up again.

Like the original poster, all my mp3s are on the same physical drive, on the same partition actually (a FAT32 partition).

mt-daapd is reporting the same number of tracks as before: 2869. Using the same directory for the collection report, Amarok lists 2897 tracks, but that might be unrelated.

pimlottc

It has come up again, but not consistently; I think it only happens (sometimes) when reloading a previously generated song db, but never when generating a new one. When I get some more time to spare I’ll try to narrow it down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.