Disaster strikes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    boskodog
    Participant

Well that may be a little on the extreme side, but my Firefly no longer works like it used to.

I purchased an HP Mediasmart 475. It did not come with the Firefly plug-in, so I downloaded it and installed it without difficulty. I had had Firefly on my desktop which worked fabulously with all 40,000 of my recorded songs. After installing the plug-in, my desktop Firefly went away. Where, I don’t know.

My Rokus could see the new Firefly, but the songs which I recorded from lp’s which start with a number (indicating track) were not visible to Firefly.

I reinstalled Firefly 1586 on my desktop. Same thing. Firefly does not see my lp recorded tracks. It used to with my previous version.

I miss my old version. Is there anything I can do to make Firefly see tracks which begin with a number?

Thank you in advance for any help.

EVILRipper
    Participant

So you now have firefly on the HP mediavault instead of your desktop. Is your music on the same server? Did you configure firefly that it scans the correct directory?

P.S.
    I don’t wanna know how long it took you to “record” 40,000 songs. 🙂

boskodog
    Participant

@EVILRipper wrote:

So you now have firefly on the HP mediavault instead of your desktop. Is your music on the same server? Did you configure firefly that it scans the correct directory?

Actually, I now have it on my desktop where it reads my iTunes folder under which I store my songs. On the Mediasmart server, it read my iTunes folder which I had copied to the server. So, they are reading the same but different files. Make sense? I just find it interesting that I once could play all of my songs, regardless of the beginning character. Now if it starts with a number, it is not recognized.

BTW, I record 2-4 lps/day which take about 1 hour each. My CD collection which I copied to iTunes took about 5 minutes each. The CD collection has been completely hard drived. The lp collection is about 10% done. Wanna help???

Thanks again for any help with my problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.