DIR 655 seen by Mac not Win

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    qwerty
    Participant

Hello

Like other guys here i ve been struggling to get the Dlink DIR 655 to see the Firefly library.

My music library is on a local HDD connected to a PC running XP
    This machine is attached to the router
    My Soundbridge is in the living room one level up
    One other level up i have an IMac running Leopard sharing things with the PC downstairs

On the PC i installed and played with Firefly, Twonky, Tversity ITunes WMP ..etc

Cannot see my music library on Soundbridge running Firefly or Itunes
    As i cannot downgrade the firmware anymore the revision on the router being A3 i tried a little trick
    I installed Firefly on the IMac and point it to the shared HDD on the PC that holds the music and guess what … it is working

Now i have one big question: WHY ? ๐Ÿ˜€

My IMac is connected wirelessly to the same Dlink

*scratching head*

Anonymous
    Inactive

at the risk of sounding smug, ‘cos it’s a Mac… ๐Ÿ˜€

what about firewalls on the PC? Some are notorious for blocking traffic even when ports are allegedly open and even seemingly turning them off doesn’t always turn off all aspects of the firewall.

qwerty
    Participant

@andyg wrote:

at the risk of sounding smug, ‘cos it’s a Mac… ๐Ÿ˜€

what about firewalls on the PC? Some are notorious for blocking traffic even when ports are allegedly open and even seemingly turning them off doesn’t always turn off all aspects of the firewall.

No firewalls

The DIR 655 is a lost cause but i justed wanted to point out a …weird sort of connectivity ๐Ÿ™‚

This “2nd hand streaming” has a downside though.It is buffering a lot to a point sometimes that you cannot listen that song.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.