Delay startup of mt-daapd

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    foging
    Participant

Hello!

Ok, so I’ve got it all working now after som fuzz, had to restart avahi-daemon to get my library to show up in iTunes. But when I reboot I have to do it all over again (restarting avahi I mean).

Is there some way I can control the startorder at startup so that I can be sure that avahi-daemon is started prior to mt-daapd?

fizze
    Participant

In Linux prior to the funky Debian Upstart stuff, there were runlevels, or so-called init-levels.

In Windows, you can specify services to be dependant on others. Windows will (at least it claims it does) start the services in the right order. 😉

The quick-and-dirty way with upstart is probably to edit the mt-daapd start script and force an avahi-daemon restart.

Or, in Ubuntu Edgy and probably Feisty too, avahi-daemon does not start automagically in system start. You can change this preference in the avahi-daemon.conf (or likewise)

foging
    Participant

The quick-and-dirty way with upstart is probably to edit the mt-daapd start script and force an avahi-daemon restart.

Ok, considering that I’m a total newbie – how?

fizze
    Participant

Erm, let’s try to start in letting us in what kind of computer / OS you are using currently 😉

foging
    Participant

Sorry! Can’t blame that one on anything…

I’m running Ubuntu Feisty.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.