Decoding Flac with ReplayGain

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    timjohnston
    Participant

Hi, I am using Firefly on an NSLU2, to serve up flac files to a Soundbridge.

I was wondering if there is an easy way to add “–apply-replaygain-which-is-not-lossless” to the flac command that is used to transcode the flac files to wave?

I’ve started to use the Soundbridge’s shuffle feature and the level differences between all of my files is tedious. Using Replaygain should resolve this. I know that this negates the whole purpose of using flac… 🙂

Cheers.

Tim

timjohnston
    Participant

I tried editing /opt/sbin/mt-daapd-ssc.sh, and used the following:

flac_file() {
    $FLAC –apply-replaygain-which-is-not-lossless –silent –decode –stdout “$FILE” | $WAVSTREAMER -o $OFFSET $FORGELEN
    }

Unfortunately, my de-underclocked NSLU2 does not have the horse power to drive it. It was constantly buffering. Does anyone know of anything else I could try or if there is another NAS out there that has some more horse power?

Tim

rpedde
    Participant

@timjohnston wrote:

I tried editing /opt/sbin/mt-daapd-ssc.sh, and used the following:

flac_file() {
    $FLAC –apply-replaygain-which-is-not-lossless –silent –decode –stdout “$FILE” | $WAVSTREAMER -o $OFFSET $FORGELEN
    }

Unfortunately, my de-underclocked NSLU2 does not have the horse power to drive it. It was constantly buffering. Does anyone know of anything else I could try or if there is another NAS out there that has some more horse power?

Tim

The linkstations have more horsepower. I’d have to test to see if that would work though. If you email me a flac sample to [email protected], and I can test it on a linkstation.

— Ron

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.