debugging transcoding – build 1249

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jloiselle

how can i find out if the mt-daap-ssc.sh is being called.. i’ve spent the last two hours trying to figure this out. it seems to be in the correct place. i’ve changed the paths to wavstreamer and flac in the script. the permissions on the script are wide open. i’ve also tested it from the command line and it seems to work. but mt-daapd tells me it sends like 18k and then says its finished sending.

anyway i can debug this?

t0m
    Participant

on linux?
    you could use logger statements in the script:

NAME
    logger - a shell command interface to the syslog(3) system log module

SYNOPSIS
    logger [-isd] [-f file] [-p pri] [-t tag] [-u socket] [message ...]

DESCRIPTION
    Logger makes entries in the system log. It provides a shell command interface to the syslog(3) system log
    module.

Options:

-i Log the process id of the logger process with each line.

-s Log the message to standard error, as well as the system log.

-f file Log the specified file.

-p pri Enter the message with the specified priority. The priority may be specified numerically or as a
    ``facility.level'' pair. For example, ``-p local3.info'' logs the message(s) as informational level
    in the local3 facility. The default is ``user.notice.''

-t tag Mark every line in the log with the specified tag.

-u sock Write to socket as specified with socket instead of builtin syslog routines.

-d Use a datagram instead of a stream connection to this socket.

-- End the argument list. This is to allow the message to start with a hyphen (-).

message Write the message to log; if not specified, and the -f flag is not provided, standard input is
    logged.

The logger utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs.

/t0m

rpedde
    Participant

@jloiselle wrote:

how can i find out if the mt-daap-ssc.sh is being called.. i’ve spent the last two hours trying to figure this out. it seems to be in the correct place. i’ve changed the paths to wavstreamer and flac in the script. the permissions on the script are wide open. i’ve also tested it from the command line and it seems to work. but mt-daapd tells me it sends like 18k and then says its finished sending.

anyway i can debug this?

You can set the debuglevel to 9, and set up a logfile in the config file. htat should give you some info on what’s going on.

Also, you could do something like change:

$ALAC "$FILE" | $WAVSTREAMER -o $OFFSET $FORGELEN

to

$ALAC "$FILE" | tee /tmp/out.wav | $WAVSTREAMER -o $OFFSET $FORGELEN

and that will give you in /tmp/out.wav the file that got sent to itunes. Check to see it’s a valid wav file. I think it probly isn’t. ๐Ÿ™‚

— Ron

fizze
    Participant

*cough*
    are you sure you included the transcoding module in your mt-dapd.conf ? ๐Ÿ˜‰

jloiselle

I have tried both of these tips. I have added a logger messade to the mt-daap-ssc.ssh file and I have also sprinkled some tee within the mix.

When I run the script manually, it works. My message gets logged, and the out.wav file plays perfectly.

But it seems that this transcoding file never gets called by the mt-daapd daemon.

I have checked the path and permissions a thousand times. I don’t see anything in the mt-daapd logs either. What exactly should I be looking for in the logs? Will it show the name of the transcoding script it is calling?

jloiselle

fizze,

you’re right. i’m an idiot. thanks.

fizze
    Participant

you’re not alone there. I almost did the exact same thing ๐Ÿ˜‰

welcome to the club. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.