Debugging level for troubleshooting missing songs.

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Debugging level for troubleshooting missing songs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have around 14,239 music files today in my collection. However, after doing a full scan of my music music folders, Firefly indexes 12,912 of them.

Is there a particular logging level I should set Firefly to help troubleshoot why it isn’t seeing 1,327 songs from my collection? I tried level 9 and got way too many messages.

stretch
    Participant

level 5 is a good place to start.
    http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/Config_File
    Scroll down to debuglevel

Missing songs is usually a file permission problem. i.e. Firefly doesn´t have permission to read the file.

rpedde
    Participant

@cacodaemon wrote:

I have around 14,239 music files today in my collection. However, after doing a full scan of my music music folders, Firefly indexes 12,912 of them.

Is there a particular logging level I should set Firefly to help troubleshoot why it isn’t seeing 1,327 songs from my collection? I tried level 9 and got way too many messages.

What stretch said, plus – find a song that you know is in your collection that doesn’t show up on itunes. Then find it on the file system and check permissions from the file all the way up to the file root. It must be readable (and dirs r-x) for the runas user.

Chances are this is the issue.

— Ron

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.