Datetime question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

I run Version svn-1586 on a Thecus N2100 NAS box with about 18055 songs.
    Recently upgraded to this version, and realized some strange datetime issue.

I have some date based smart playlists, like

time_added after 1 week before today
    time_added after 1 month before today

and first i saw that the weekly playlist stopped working, only shows 1 album, instead of the 10 i added. i inspected, and see that the albums are in the database, and reachable through by genre, or any other way, just aren’t listed in the week based playlist ( but they are in the month based).

i checked the files’ datetimes, and saw that strangly some files timestamped like

drwxrwx---    2 sebesten smbusers     4096 Mar  4  2007 1990 - Frizzle Fry/

but others like

drwxrwxrw-    2 sebesten smbusers     4096 Dec 15 20:11 1991 - Sailing The Sea Of Cheese/

so some of the has month/day/year, others has month/day/time stamps.
    the only album showing in the last week playlist is an album added like

drwxrwxrw-    2 sebesten smbusers     4096 Dec 17 07:24 2008 - Mumus/

and bet, that the time, beginning with 07 causes that it shows in the category.

my question is that is it a bug, a feature, how can i correct this, etc.

enyway the dates are correct, so if i list it with

ls -e -l

, they shows the correct full date.

any help welcome, thank you, sebi 🙂

rpedde
    Participant

@sebestenyb wrote:

my question is that is it a bug, a feature, how can i correct this, etc.

The display part is a feature. I guess the thinking is if a file was modified six months ago, you probably don’t care about the exact time. But if i was last week, you might be more interested in the exact time. So that’s why the displays are different.

As far as not showing up on playlists, that I don’t have an answer for. Can you see on the database what the timestamps are for date_added on those?

Anonymous
    Inactive

huhh.

after a few rescan and a few added albums the problem has gone. maybe i only hallucinated it. :S

rpedde
    Participant

@sebestenyb wrote:

huhh.

after a few rescan and a few added albums the problem has gone. maybe i only hallucinated it. :S

If its fat32, there is an issue with that, since fat32 doesn’t hold GMT time, just localtime. So times could be off by as much as whatever your time offset is. Which can cause strangeness.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

If its fat32, there is an issue with that, since fat32 doesn’t hold GMT time, just localtime…

nope, it’s a thecus n2100 ( specially an OEM version, an ALLNET6500 ), so the filesystem is ex3.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.