Database not updated running Vista: SVN 1498

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback Database not updated running Vista: SVN 1498

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hans.t
    Participant

Hi.

I recently purchased a Soundbridge M1001 and use Firefly SVN 1498. Under XP I experience no problems, however under Vista (on the same computer with a separate boot) no matter what I do any updates to my library are not transmitted to the Soundbridge. I uninstalled and re-installed Firefly from scratch without any result. Changing the Media Location and changing it back again towards my main library: no effect.

When I reboot under XP every change is visible almost immediately.

I am unsure how to solve this issue. In the previous release I used I had the same problem.

Thank you for your support.

rpedde
    Participant

@hans.t wrote:

Hi.

I recently purchased a Soundbridge M1001 and use Firefly SVN 1498. Under XP I experience no problems, however under Vista (on the same computer with a separate boot) no matter what I do any updates to my library are not transmitted to the Soundbridge. I uninstalled and re-installed Firefly from scratch without any result. Changing the Media Location and changing it back again towards my main library: no effect.

When I reboot under XP every change is visible almost immediately.

I am unsure how to solve this issue. In the previous release I used I had the same problem.

Thank you for your support.

Can you check the permissions on “c:program filesfirefly media serversongs.db”. (should be right-click -> properties -> security).

hans.t
    Participant

Due to the stringent security measures I disabled the user account management console, and hence I have all rights. So “users, system and administrators” showed on the songs.db on every item a checkmark (except the special rights).

rpedde
    Participant

@hans.t wrote:

Due to the stringent security measures I disabled the user account management console, and hence I have all rights. So “users, system and administrators” showed on the songs.db on every item a checkmark (except the special rights).

One thing to check is the entry called “always scan”. In the web interface, try changing that to “1”. That makes it do a file scan even when clients aren’t connected. That might have a good effect.

In addition, you can manually force a scan by hitting hte “scan” button in the status page of the web interface.

— Ron

hans.t
    Participant

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Your suggestions unfortunately did not help. Since I did not like the rest of Vista I removed the partition it was installed upon. So issue resolved (more or less…)

By the way, it may have been caused due to the fact that iTunes was installed twice (on separate partitions): XP and Vista. But that is something for someone else.

End of topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.