Database doesn’t refresh

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dreamer

Running 0.2.4 on Debian sarge

I already had a /mp3/ folder with a couple of albums/songs (30 files total) in my home-folder. After installing mt-daapd I could access this folder without a problem, Now, I’ve added more files to this folder. Reset the server, Scanned the folder. Both multiple times. There should be around 60+ files in the folder now, but there are 31, of which the one extra file isn’t even playable by any player on my client (ubuntu dapper, neither Amarok or Rhythmbox)

CCRDude
    Participant

Have you made sure the new files have proper access rights? Guess mt-daapd is running under a different acount than your user account, so… πŸ˜‰

dreamer

I did chmod 777 on the whole folder, or doesn’t that also give the same access to the subdirs recursively? (before I didn’t have to do this btw)

This one extra file that doesn’t play is also very strange I think ..

CCRDude
    Participant

You’ll have to do a -R … chmod -R 777 foldername πŸ˜‰
    Have you looked into the log (tail /var/log/mt-daapd.log) to see if there’s any error about that file?

fizze
    Participant

I too had some issues with non-updating ID3 tags on some files. I was running svn-1400 where there deffo was some bug with re-scanning.

Cant confirm if its gone in svn-1450.

Try to see if the file is in the DB by searching for its filename, or maybe the tag is just bogus?

dreamer

Thank you CCRDude, the chmod now worked and all media I put in is recognised πŸ™‚

but, if I put new media in the folder, will I aggain have to put the permissions on it ?

[edit: I gues I do πŸ˜‰ ]

rpedde
    Participant

@dreamer wrote:

Thank you CCRDude, the chmod now worked and all media I put in is recognised πŸ™‚

but, if I put new media in the folder, will I aggain have to put the permissions on it ?

[edit: I gues I do πŸ˜‰ ]

Your home directory isn’t world readable. Anything you put in there isn’t readable by some strange user. There are three ways to fix it — move your mp3 files out of your home directory and put them someplace world readable, make the permissions on the mp3 files such that they are world readable, or make the daemon run as your user (which has permissions to files in your home directory).

Any of those methods are reasonable, but the first and third seem to me to be the most correct. That’s just me, though.

— Ron

dreamer

In regard to the third option, how can I run it as user? Currently I have it running as root, howcome it can’t access everything that way? (it did in the initial first run, when there where allready files in the folder)

fizze
    Participant

even root does not have access to ALL files/folders.
    By definition, the root user is not the user who HAS all access rights, but who can OBTAIN all these. (by himself, that is ;))

Just set up the user:group in the mt-daapd.conf file. πŸ˜‰

dreamer

^ hmm, the mt-daapd.conf looks really different after running the web-config πŸ˜›

Anyway, do I put this in: Run As and then group?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.