Crossfire release 0.5.0 (webbased streaming client)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software Crossfire release 0.5.0 (webbased streaming client)

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

any plans of releasing crossfire as an official iTunes store app?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good links !Thank you ! πŸ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

@imnotatfault wrote:

any plans of releasing crossfire as an official iTunes store app?

Not yet πŸ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also have an N810 and have been searching for a daap client for it to connect to my Ubuntu server which is running Firefly. I was almost going to install a uPnP server (GMediaserver), since the N810 built-in media player is uPnP aware, but really didn’t want the server to have Firefly, MythTV (which apparently has uPnP built-in but I have no idea how to get it to serve anything), and GMediaserver all on one box.

Now… please excuse the dumb question… Isn’t this for the iPhone? How does one install this on an N810???

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Crossfire can be used on any webenabled device (from Nokia to HTC phone, to iPhone to even Playstation3). It also works perfectly from any desktop (Firefox and IE) and is tended to be as lightweight as possible (minimal dependancies) in local and wan environments.

Its a PHP and AJAX based webapplication, so you just need to have PHP and a Webserver (Apache, lighttp, Cherookee or IIS) on your Ubuntu box.
    You just will need to configure the config file, and might want to optimize a template to suit your need.

I think there might be someone on this forum which has already done so for the N810.

Cheers,
    Tony

Anonymous
    Inactive

My apologies – should have downloaded the package and read the README file. I thought it was a client app when I read your first post. 😳 Got it setup easily after reading the instructions.

Compared with FirePlay, I’d say FirePlay works well as a desktop alternative to iTunes, but Crossfire is faster and easier on the eyes on a small screen. Good work!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad you like it. Crossfire is still under heavy development, so keep your eyes open for any updates as I am trying to improve this client as far as web2.0 let’s me. πŸ˜€

The next release will include support for all filetypes supported by Firefly, plus a neat way of setting/transcoding your own mimetypes (necessary in order to support more devices).

Also I am hugly improving speed, and will offer ways the results are beeing cached on the system.
    On top of that, there is a neat script /extras folder which will enable streaming directly from disk (omitting the DAAP musicproxy altogether).

Cheers,
    Tony

chocozilla

Tony,

Thanks for your hardwork.

I am trying to stream FLAC files on NAS using Firefly and Crossfire to iPhone. MP3 files seems to work fine, but FLAC wont play. I thought firefly transcode FLAC file on the fly.

I am using ReadyNAS with firefly media server svn-1676 add-on.

Also is there a way to sort album / artist ?

Regards,

Anonymous
    Inactive

@edgecrush3r wrote:

The next release will include support for all filetypes supported by Firefly, plus a neat way of setting/transcoding your own mimetypes (necessary in order to support more devices).

So would this include AAC media?

-Scott

Anonymous
    Inactive

AAC/FLAC support is going to be supported in the next release.
    Send me a message at tony(dot)tromp(at)gmail(dot)com, and I can send you the latest including AAC support. Or altenativly just wait for the latest release πŸ˜‰

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.