Crossfire release 0.5.0 (webbased streaming client)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software Crossfire release 0.5.0 (webbased streaming client)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there,

After some weeks of work and major #bugfixing I can finally announce the release of Crossfire 0.5.0.
    Crossfire is an webbased streaming webclient initially targetted towards the iPhone. Currently however, Crossfire supports a wide variety of browsers including both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Current features:
    [*] Browse, Search and Stream Firefly Media Files
    [*] Customizable Device/Browser recognition
    [*] Skinnable Themes/layouts
    [*] Extensive GUI layout engine

Also added to this release, is the support for playing a whole albums instead of just single songs (the iPhone doesnt support native playlists, but we’ve managed to implement it anyway πŸ˜€ ).

Download:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmcrossfire/

Screenshots:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=216805

YouTube videoclip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioHuxfDgVSc

Enjoy :D,
    Tony

Below is a list of known working configurations:
    * WDMyBook running Firefly 1696, LightHTTPd+PHP5.2.5 (fcgi) and Cherokee+PHP5.2.5 (fcgi)
    * Debian running Apache 2.2.8+PHP5.2.5(mod_php)
    * Windows XP running Firefly 1696, IIS+PHP4(cgi) and XAMP 1.6a (Apache+PHP5.2.5 module)
    * Windows Server 2003 running Firefly svn-1659, IIS+PHP5.2.5(cgi)
    * rBuilder (lamp-1.3.2-x86) (VMWare distro)

Known issues with Setups:
    * Cherokee 0.5.x and lower

fizze
    Participant

Nice work!
    I’ve set it up on my nslu2 and am just attempting to use it on my N810 πŸ™‚

Is there a way to change it to landscape mode, instead of portrait?

On the other hand, I couldn’t get it to work on my Windows XP based laptop using firefox 2. It didn’t work on the N810 either.
    I can browse and change settings and view different skins and its even fading nicely. But I cannot play any music. On my PC I just get a quicktime logo with a question mark, whatever song I select. ❓

Anonymous
    Inactive

Adding N810 support should be pretty straightforward using the templating engine. Strange it doesnt work on your Desktop, as we did test the release extensivly on both Windows and Linux clients. (Did you add the IIS mime-types, .mp3 audio/mpeg .mov video/quicktime, mp4 video/mp4??). If you password secured Firefly, you will need to edit the config.xml file and enter your password.

You can always drop me #bugreport at http://www.sourceforge.net/ffmcrossfire incl. your configuration (Firefly version, filetype you are trying to play etc) and I will have a look. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Tony

blamm
    Participant

Hi.

This is great. Works a treat in Firefox. Now I am going to have to get an iPod Touch!

Couple of questions:

None of the browse lists are not sorted alphabetically. Makes it difficult to find stuff. Can that be fixed?

Any playlist edit functionality planned?

Ta

fizze
    Participant

@edgecrush3r wrote:

Adding N810 support should be pretty straightforward using the templating engine. Strange it doesnt work on your Desktop, as we did test the release extensivly on both Windows and Linux clients. (Did you add the IIS mime-types, .mp3 audio/mpeg .mov video/quicktime, mp4 video/mp4??). If you password secured Firefly, you will need to edit the config.xml file and enter your password.

You can always drop me #bugreport at http://www.sourceforge.net/ffmcrossfire incl. your configuration (Firefly version, filetype you are trying to play etc) and I will have a look. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Tony

I’m not using IIS, but cherokee with php and whatnot on my nslu2. I haven’t seen any mime types as prerequisites or in the install file. Then, I didn’t really search thouroughly – I confess πŸ˜‰

I’m sure it can be made working even on small embedded browsers. Like I said, everything else is working like a charm. πŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not using IIS, but cherokee with php and whatnot on my nslu2. I haven’t seen any mime types as prerequisites or in the install file. Then, I didn’t really search thouroughly – I confess πŸ˜‰

I’m sure it can be made working even on small embedded browsers. Like I said, everything else is working like a charm. πŸ™‚

I mainly tested with Apache and IIS, buit I am pretty sure the problem comes down to the way Cherokee handles Byte-ranges (I have similar issues with LightHTTPD).. This can be solved pretty easily by ommiting the binairy_proxy.php (which is req for iPhone only), and just stream the file directly. I will install Cherokee this week, and come up with a nice solution πŸ˜‰

PS: There is a workaround for your problem, by using the default template and enable_byte_cache.. Edit the config.xml file, and speficy the default.xml template for Firefox. Also set ‘enable_byte_caching’ to true and… SSH to your NSLUG, you will need to enable write-acess on the Crossfire installation directory.. The enable_byte_cache functionality will first copy the song to the directory before serving (thus omiting byte-serving)… This option was implemented as a workaround a while ago, but not abondened yet.

PS: The issue is currently filed under:
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1932020&group_id=216805&atid=1040044

Cheers,
    Tony[/url]

fizze
    Participant

Thanks – this is awesome! πŸ™‚
    I’ll dig out my sf.net account and log the next bug myself.

I’ll let you know how it worked out, once I’m back home.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

Thanks – this is awesome! πŸ™‚
    I’ll dig out my sf.net account and log the next bug myself.

I’ll let you know how it worked out, once I’m back home.

Hi Fizze,

here is the right solution to get Crossfire work without using the binairy_proxy.php (so you can use ALL templates). Please note: this solution will not work for iPhone’s since direct streaming causes ‘Broken stream pipe’s in Firefly’.

In my next release i will create a config_parameter for this solution, but for now you will just have to edit the file ;).

Edit the ‘index.html’ file:
    locate the function

function openPlayer(p_itemid , p_element_id) {
    [remove the line:]
    playlist_url = base_url + '/binairyproxy.php?enc_url='+ encode64(playlist_url) +'&nocache='+ createTimeStamp();
    [and]
    [remove the line:]
    url = base_url + '/binairyproxy.php?enc_url='+ encode64(url) +'&nocache='+ createTimeStamp();
    }

now Edit your config.xml file and specify the hostname or ip of your NSLUG (NOT localhost!!!).

Let me know if this works, and I will parameterize the solution as: enable-direct-stream πŸ˜‰

Cheers![/code]

fizze
    Participant

Ok, it’S working with the default template in firefox now.
    Or at least, it as working.
    I discovered it is probably better to turn on the “cache” feature, and then it stopped working again. It would only play the first 3 seconds off any song. Albeit the cache.mp file having the correct size. πŸ™„

I can’t find an option like “enable_byte_caching” anywhere.

edit:
    Ok, actually it sems to be a problem with different mp3s. I have one that works with cache = false, but takes about 15sec to load (which is ok).
    All others I tried failed. But they of course play fine on the soundbridge.

The weird thing is that quicktime seems to be start to play all of them right from the start, but then stops after 3 seconds. For that one mp3 where it works, it really loads the hole file before it starts to play. Peculiar.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

Ok, actually it sems to be a problem with different mp3s. I have one that works with cache = false, but takes about 15sec to load (which is ok).
    All others I tried failed. But they of course play fine on the soundbridge.

The weird thing is that quicktime seems to be start to play all of them right from the start, but then stops after 3 seconds. For that one mp3 where it works, it really loads the hole file before it starts to play. Peculiar.

Instead of setting the use_internal_cache=true, try the code modification I sent above.. It should fix your issue on Firefox (and you should be able to use the jpint_tiger_firefox.xml theme. Don’t forget to change the config.xml file and put in the real hostname or IP address instead of localhost. I tested this on my MyBookWorld with LightHTTPd installed, and it solved the issue.

Basically the code mod will stream songs directly from Firefly instead, and should be the better option.

Let me know if this helps πŸ˜‰

Cheers,
    Tony

PS: I am compiling Cherokee 0.6 while typing πŸ˜‰

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.