Creating Smart Playlists

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    txranger

I wanna create a smart playlist using other smart playlists is this possible.

Also is there a way to party shuffle a daapd playlist

Also is there a way using daapd to track the number of times the track has been played and the last played? This is not show in itunes for the daapd server.

When i imported my smart playlists it made them all static

rpedde
    Participant

I wanna create a smart playlist using other smart playlists is this possible.

Not right now, but it’s a good idea.

Also is there a way to party shuffle a daapd playlist

Nope, but that’s an iTunes misfeature. Can’t be fixed on the server side.

Also is there a way using daapd to track the number of times the track has been played and the last
    played? This is not show in itunes for the daapd server.

Latest CVS does show this info, but only when parsed from the iTunes xml file. So if you are serving from a “live” iTunes file source, it will

When i imported my smart playlists it made them all static

I’m not sure what you mean by that. Also, what version are you using? Nightlies, or 0.2.1.1?

saintdev

While we’re talking about smart playlists, do you plan to include a random feature in the smart playlists?

rpedde
    Participant

I like the idea generally, but my problem with it is that I don’t have a way to do that in sqlite. MySQL can do something like “select * from songs order by random limit 50” to select 50 random songs.

Sqlite doesn’t have a native function like that, and I can’t think of a sql-y way to do that.

Any ideas?

rpedde
    Participant

Wait… I had an attack of brain damage. it does support that.

I guess that’s a yes, then. 🙂

txranger

Ok for clarification. I copied my Itune Library.xml over to my mp3_dir. When I started mt-daapd it imported all my Smart Playlists as Static Playlists. I am using the 8-15 nightly.

saintdev

rpedde wrote:

I like the idea generally, but my problem with it is that I don’t have a way to do that in sqlite. MySQL can do something like “select * from songs order by random limit 50” to select 50 random songs.

Sqlite doesn’t have a native function like that, and I can’t think of a sql-y way to do that.

Any ideas?

I didn’t even know that you could do that with sql (MySQL or otherwise), that’s why i was asking…well that’s nice to know 😀

Ok, I’ve finished hyjacking your post now txranger.

rpedde
    Participant

Ah yeah. That’s correct. The iTunes xml file has two pieces of information for smart playlists.. One is the actual smart playlist criteria, and the other are the files that it has determined are in the smart playlist.

The problem is that the playlist criteria are in a binary format — so I can’t convert it to a format the mt-daapd understands, so instead, I just read the files that iTunes has decided is on the playlist, and make a static out of that.

If the xml file were to change, the static playlist would change. You could semi-automate that by setting up a batch file to copy your itunes xml into the mp3_dir somewhere whenever you log into the machine (startup item, or as a scheduled task inside windows)

— Ron

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.