Creating playlists

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    magnate
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m very happy with Firefly – been running it for over a year now. I have two main clients: a SoundBridge (Pinnacle HomeMusic version), and my main PC (WinAmp or Rhythmbox, dual boot).

Problem is, none of SB / WinAmp / Rhythmbox can create playlists from the DAAP share (nor can iTunes, which I tried and hated). Amarok did, but it was altogether pants – no crossfading, cut out 5-10 secs before the end of each song, and the playlists it did create didn’t retain any tag info, so they just came up as lists of “myserver/daap:5177” type entries (each song had a unique number).

Obviously I could import my entire library into WinAmp or Rhythmbox and create local playlists, but that kind of misses the point. I want to create playlists of songs to play from Firefly, so that I can then upload them to the SB and use them. I also want them to store tag info properly so that when I reload them I can see what they contain.

I could have sworn I saw a post on this board about a “DAAP playlist generator” for WinAmp, but I can’t seem to find it using the search function.

Can anyone tell me how they easily create playlists in a client which can play on a SB without editing?

Many thanks for any thoughts,

CC

stretch
    Participant

Try the Java Firefly client. http://sourceforge.net/projects/fireflyclient/

RigasW
    Participant

The java client makes decent playlists. They are saved in the database and appear on every client, from which you listen.

At the moment you cannot delete entries from a playlist with the client … you have to do that with some sql statements on the database itself.

I hope that this feature will some day be implemented in the Java client.

Rigas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.