"connection to server failed"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #526
    powerpool
    Guest

    Hi again, trouble between firefly and sound bridge 1001, i could establish a connection between iTunes (Local Laptop) and Firefly Server, but ím unable to establish a connection between the SoundBridge and the Server. I got the Message: “connection to server failed”. A collegue a few days before hat the same trouble and the issue was the second IP Adress on the same NIC but my nic has only one IP Adress. I hope enyone could give me a Tip… Thanks PP

    #6033
    taboman
    Participant

    Are you using the Roku original Soundbridge or is it Pinnacle branded?

    #6034
    powerpool
    Guest

    Hi it is a pinacle, why?

    #6035
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    mac or pc?

    if it’s a mac then check out my advice here:

    http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8764&highlight=

    scroll down to my post on the thread. That may sort you out.

    if it’s a pc… sorry, not my bag!

    #6036
    powerpool
    Guest

    Hi andyg i´m sorry it´s a PC with Suse 9.2 Linux installt, but i can tould you that no Firewall runns on it, because i use M0N0Wall as Firewall on a different Engine to secure my Network from outside. But thanks for your Help

    #6037
    powerpool
    Guest

    Hi andyg i´m sorry it´s a PC with Suse 9.2 Linux installt, but i can tould you that no Firewall runns on it, because i use M0N0Wall as Firewall on a different Engine to secure my Network from outside. But thanks for your Help

    and i would use the SoundBridge inside my LAN

    #6038
    rpedde
    Participant

    @powerpool wrote:

    Hi it is a pinacle, why?

    Worth rebooting the soundbridge, too… sometimes I find that it suddenly stops connecting for no reason. Not sure what that’s about. Memory leak, maybe.

    #6039
    powerpool
    Guest

    Hey rpedde, thanks but this doesent solve the Problem. I wait 3 Minutes bevore i reconnect the power adapter… I Use the pinnacle in German language and the perdant error Message in German is: SoundBridge hat im Netzwerk einen oder mehrere DAAP-Server (wie z.B. ITunes) gefunden, kann aber keine Verbindung herstellen. Um mit SoundBridge auf diese Server zugreifen zu können empfehlen wir die Verwendung des Firefly Media Server, kostenlos erhällich auf http://www.rokulabs.com/pinnacle.

    This means that SoundBridge hase been found one or more DAAP-Server (such as ITunes) but is unable to establish a connection to them. And the SoundBridge means i should be use the Firefly Media Server…

    Stubid, or i don´t understand it…

    #6040
    rpedde
    Participant

    @powerpool wrote:

    Hey rpedde, thanks but this doesent solve the Problem. I wait 3 Minutes bevore i reconnect the power adapter… I Use the pinnacle in German language and the perdant error Message in German is: SoundBridge hat im Netzwerk einen oder mehrere DAAP-Server (wie z.B. ITunes) gefunden, kann aber keine Verbindung herstellen. Um mit SoundBridge auf diese Server zugreifen zu können empfehlen wir die Verwendung des Firefly Media Server, kostenlos erhällich auf http://www.rokulabs.com/pinnacle.

    This means that SoundBridge hase been found one or more DAAP-Server (such as ITunes) but is unable to establish a connection to them. And the SoundBridge means i should be use the Firefly Media Server…

    Stubid, or i don´t understand it…

    Ooooh… that message is a message that *really* means “you are using an AVM router”.

    Right?

    AVM doesn’t seem to do multicast right (instead chooses to do mdns proxying), and if you have one device on the wired side and the other device on the wireless side, it doesn’t work.

    It will work to connect by iTunes, but not with the soundbridge. To fix it, you must either:

    1. Put both sides on the same side of the router — make both the server and soundbridge wireless, or both wired.
    2. Use a different router than the AVM. Linksys, dlink, whatever.

    I’d add a:

    3. Bug AVM to fix this — they can do it by implementing multicast, or by proxying _rsp._tcp.

    — Ron

    #6041
    powerpool
    Guest

    Hey rpedde, sorry but this also doesen´t help, i test it with an CAT5 Cable and got the same result. I Use A Linksys with an alternate Firmware an WAP 54g with an older Firmware (may be build one year ago)

    #6042
    taboman
    Participant

    Ron was almost right 😉

    I assume you are using mt-daapd from the offical version (0.2.4). This will NOT work.

    Short description:

    Soundbridge is a product of Roku. Fine, works with both iTunes and RSP compatible servers.
    Pinnacle licensed it for distribution (mostly in Europe I assume). Same system, different firmware. Does NOT work with iTunes.

    mt-daapd version 0.2.4 does ONLY iTunes compatible streams. So forget it.

    Or, switch to the latest nightly build 1348 atm, which will work for you.

    Viel Glück,

    Ron

    #6043
    powerpool
    Guest

    Hi Ron, i´m amazed about your words… last as i walked on the pinnacle site they tould me in thair official Documentation, it shut works good with firefly and the SoundBridge says to (unable to connect the server, please use firefly) and now i hear that this only works with a special beta!!! Stupid but i test it soon @Ron Thanks

    #6044
    rpedde
    Participant

    @powerpool wrote:

    Hi Ron, i´m amazed about your words… last as i walked on the pinnacle site they tould me in thair official Documentation, it shut works good with firefly and the SoundBridge says to (unable to connect the server, please use firefly) and now i hear that this only works with a special beta!!! Stupid but i test it soon @Ron Thanks

    Ha! I should have guessed that first! Always choosing the harder answer rather than the easier answer. 🙂

    I guess I assumed you were already using nightlies.

    My bad. Sorry..

    — Ron

    #6045
    powerpool
    Guest

    Hi rpedde, thanks for your help, now it works, but i have an other question, how i can tould the SoundBridge to play all title on the mp3 Server roundom and cross over, now i have to serch about Albums etc… I have more hundret title on the Server and it is a lot of work to give them in the playlist…

    thanks

    Powerpool

    #6046
    rpedde
    Participant

    @powerpool wrote:

    Hi rpedde, thanks for your help, now it works, but i have an other question, how i can tould the SoundBridge to play all title on the mp3 Server roundom and cross over, now i have to serch about Albums etc… I have more hundret title on the Server and it is a lot of work to give them in the playlist…

    I’m not sure I understand what your question is. It sounds like you are asking how to make playlists, but I’m not sure if that’s exactly it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.