CONNECTION TO SERVER FAILED

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pmeaney

Hi to all……I have a soundbridge m1001 and have been unable to have it connect to firefly. It is able to find the music library but after trying to connect to it I get the message
    “CONNECTION TO SERVER FAILED”
    Please help me with any information in trying to get this up and running……………thank-you

rpedde
    Participant

@pmeaney wrote:

Hi to all……I have a soundbridge m1001 and have been unable to have it connect to firefly. It is able to find the music library but after trying to connect to it I get the message
    “CONNECTION TO SERVER FAILED”
    Please help me with any information in trying to get this up and running……………thank-you

What version, what operating system? Have you read the two README sticky posts for windows and mac?

Specifically, have you tried disabling any firewall you have?

pmeaney

1.Operating Windows XP SP2
    2.All firewalls have been uninstalled
    3.Router is Linksys WRT34GS
    4.yes

rpedde
    Participant

@pmeaney wrote:

1.Operating Windows XP SP2
    2.All firewalls have been uninstalled
    3.Router is Linksys WRT34GS
    4.yes

Can you connect to the firefly server using iTunes? Also, you might look in the “log” pane of the tray applet and see if that gives any info — maybe the server has a problem and is aborting. Can you post the last few lines in the log?

— Ron

pmeaney

Found that there was a WMI file corrupted that did not allow access to WINDOWS FIREWALL. This is what was preventing the SOUNDBRIDGE from locating any MUSIC FILES. was not able to correct the corruption but had to REFORMAT. This solved my problem and i am happy to say that my SOUNDBRIGE and FIREFLY are working brilliantly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.