Connection issue ReadyNAS – SpeedTouch – Roku SoundBridge

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Connection issue ReadyNAS – SpeedTouch – Roku SoundBridge

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

FAULT DESCRIPTION
    I have my ReadyNAS attached to the SpeedTouch router via wire. On the ReadyNAS I have Firefly Media Server running.
    My Roku Soundbridge is attached to the SpeedTouch router wireless. When turning on the SoundBridge it is possible to listen to internet radio but it is unable to find the Firefly.
    The SpeedTouch has multicast enabled.
    After approximately 12 hours the SoundBridge finds the Firefly server and playback is possible on the SoundBridge.
    If I do any changes to the Firefly or SpeedTouch configuration, I have to wait an additional 12 hours for the Fireflyto start working.
    If I connect the SoundBridge via wire there are no problems connecting to the Firefly.

Anybody got an idea how to solve?

HARDWARE
    Thomson SpeedTouch 585v6 Firmware 7.4.3.2
    Netgear ReadyNAS Duo Firmware 4.1.4 including Firefly svn1696
    Pinnacle (Roku) SoundBridge M1001 Firmware 3.0.44

/Harald

stretch
    Participant

Sounds like your router is not handling multicast properly.
    Check that you have to latest firmware for your router.
    If you already have the latest firmware, try an older version or buy a new router.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Downgraded my SpeedToch 585v6 firmware from 7.4.3.2 to 6.1.0.5 and everything now works flawless!! Both Roku and iTunes finds my ReadyNAS Firefly MediaServer without problem! Firmware found at speedtouchforum dot de.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.