Configured for sqlite3 ? How do I tell?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Configured for sqlite3 ? How do I tell?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    William_Syd
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve installed with a RPM. How do I find out if it was built with sqlite3 support?

If it wasn’t, and I only have sqlite3 installed, what errors would I see.

At the moment it appears to be working fine although I’m not using any exotic features.

Regards,
    William.

rpedde
    Participant

@William_Syd wrote:

Hi,

I’ve installed with a RPM. How do I find out if it was built with sqlite3 support?

If it wasn’t, and I only have sqlite3 installed, what errors would I see.

At the moment it appears to be working fine although I’m not using any exotic features.

You can look at your config file and see what the “db_type” is. If you try and drive a database you don’t have support for you get an error message in the syslog about “don’t have support for backend database type ‘x'”

– Ron

deawar
    Participant

Ron,

Do I have to build/configure the server explicitly for MySQL or will any SQL type database work? I built 1571 nightly with SQLite3 but would like to use MySQL in it’s place.

Thanks,
    Dean

rpedde
    Participant

@deawar wrote:

Ron,

Do I have to build/configure the server explicitly for MySQL or will any SQL type database work? I built 1571 nightly with SQLite3 but would like to use MySQL in it’s place.

Thanks,
    Dean

I don’t have a mysql backend yet. It’s specific to either sqlite3 or sqlite2. I fully intend to have a mysql backend, as I’m familir with it and have done mysql code in C before, just haven’t gotten to it, and the db stuff is going to change, so there wasn’t any point in adding to my refactoring burden.

Eventually it will be there, though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.