Compiling for MediaVault – sqlite issue

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Compiling for MediaVault – sqlite issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    sansp00
    Participant

Arghh ! Im pulling my hair here …
    Manage to compile all dependencies and am having the following issue:
    checking sqlite3.h usability… yes
    checking sqlite3.h presence… yes
    checking for sqlite3.h… yes
    checking for sqlite3_open in -lsqlite3… no
    Must have sqlite3 libraries installed

And here is the configure line I use ..
    ./configure –host=mipsel-linux CPPFLAGS=”-I ../include” LDFLAGS=”-L ../lib” –with-id3tag=../ –enable-mdns –with-static-libs=../lib ac_cv_func_setpgrp_void=yes ac_cv_lib_id3tag_id3_file_open=yes –enable-sqlite3 –with-sqlite-libs=../lib –with-sqlite-includes=../include ac_cv_lib_sqlite3_sqlite3_open=yes

My .h for the dependencies are in ../include and libraries are in ../lib
    Is it normal that I only have a libsqlite3.la and not also a libsqlite3.a ?!?

Thanks !
    Patrick S.

sansp00
    Participant

Ok, forget what I just posted, found all I needed under the .libs directory of each 3rd party …
    Im getting close (and tired …)
    Patrick S.

rpedde
    Participant

@sansp00 wrote:

Ok, forget what I just posted, found all I needed under the .libs directory of each 3rd party …
    Im getting close (and tired …)
    Patrick S.

You’ll probably want to have compiled the sqlite stuff with –prefix=/usr/local and gone ahead and make installed them and add /usr/local/lib to your /etc/ld.conf. Otherwise you’ll ahve problems later when you try and run the binary.

Unless you intend to always run the binary from the directory it’s currently compiled in. I guess that’s an option.

— Ron

sansp00
    Participant

Im actually cross-compiling, so there is no point into putting them with the system libs and includes …
    Im stuck a bit further when making wavstream, Im investigating to see whats wrong …
    Patrick S.

sansp00
    Participant

Here is my latest ‘issue’ …

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/mt-daapd-svn-1696/src’
    /bin/sh ../libtool –tag=CC –mode=link mipsel-linux-gcc -g -O2 -L /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib -Wl,–export-dynamic -L/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696//lib -R/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696//lib -o wavstreamer wavstreamer.o mdns/libmdns.la -ldl -lpthread /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib/libid3tag.a /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib/libz.a /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib/libsqlite3.a
    mipsel-linux-gcc -g -O2 /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib -Wl,–export-dynamic -o wavstreamer wavstreamer.o -L/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/mt-daapd/src -L/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696//lib mdns/.libs/libmdns.a -L/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/mt-daapd/src/mdns -ldl -lpthread /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib/libid3tag.a /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib/libz.a /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib/libsqlite3.a -Wl,–rpath -Wl,/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696//lib
    /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib: file not recognized: Is a directory
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[3]: *** [wavstreamer] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/mt-daapd-svn-1696/src’
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/mt-daapd-svn-1696/src’
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/mt-daapd-svn-1696′
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Any help is appreciated …
    Patrick S.

rpedde
    Participant

@sansp00 wrote:

Here is my latest ‘issue’ …

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/mt-daapd-svn-1696/src’
    /bin/sh ../libtool –tag=CC –mode=link mipsel-linux-gcc -g -O2 -L /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib -Wl,–export-dynamic -L/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696//lib -R/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696//lib -o wavstreamer wavstreamer.o mdns/libmdns.la -ldl -lpthread /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib/libid3tag.a /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib/libz.a /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib/libsqlite3.a
    mipsel-linux-gcc -g -O2 /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib -Wl,–export-dynamic -o wavstreamer wavstreamer.o -L/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/mt-daapd/src -L/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696//lib mdns/.libs/libmdns.a -L/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/mt-daapd/src/mdns -ldl -lpthread /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib/libid3tag.a /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib/libz.a /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib/libsqlite3.a -Wl,–rpath -Wl,/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696//lib
    /home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/lib: file not recognized: Is a directory
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[3]: *** [wavstreamer] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/mt-daapd-svn-1696/src’
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/mt-daapd-svn-1696/src’
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/psansouc/MediaVault/Firefly_1696/mt-daapd-svn-1696′
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Any help is appreciated …
    Patrick S.

yeah, sure enought… that’s definitely a bad -Wl there, the -Wl,/blahblahblah//lib

not even sure what that’s trying to do. Where did that come from? Do you have some kind of build harness that’s adding LDFLAGS or something?

Failing that, you can always compiled by hand. 🙂

mipsel-linux-gcc -g -O2 -o wavstreamer wavstreamer.c

— Ron

sansp00
    Participant

Success !!!
    I just edited the makefile and changed the LDFLAGS entries …
    Don’t know why that appeared there but I don’t care much if I can tweak it to my taste afterwards.

So if anybody is interested in getting the build 1696 for the HP MediaVault, I can zip it and send it off 8)

I’ll try to build each ‘stable’ version as they come out, I made myself a VMWare Fedora image to do this.

Sorry for all the dumb questions …
    Patrick S.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am very interested in getting the latest Firefly to run on a Media Vault.

I’d like to have the either the final product or a how-to on compiling the source code.

Thank you and Ron for your efforts!

sansp00
    Participant

Well, in order to compile it, you’ll need a linux box or a windows box running a linux vmware image …
    Else, like Lee from the MV team did, I can provide you with a zipped file with all the necessary and point you to Lee’s instructions, which are fairly simple.

Patrick S.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The zip file will be much welcomed. I’ll use it as a starting point.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.