– mt-daapd/Firefly Version: svn-1696
– Server Hardware: Synology DS-207+
– Server Operating System Version: DSM 2.0-0640; Build Date: 2008/06/27
– Client Device: Roku Soundbridge M1001
– Audio file format: FLAC
– Software to rip & tag: MediaMonkey and, Tag & Rename
It is working fine but I have a few questions:
1/ Part of the advanced configuration of the nightly svn-1696, there is a scanning option on ‘Group compilations’. If I select yes for ‘Compilations are grouped under “Various artist”, what effect will it have on the display of the Soundbridge? So far, I haven’t noticed anything. Is it because I tagged the songs “Various Artist” in the field ‘Album Artist’ instead of the field ‘Artist’? Did anyone play with this option? Feedbacks?
2/ Part of the FLAC tags, under Tag&Rename, there is an option called ‘Part of a compilation’. Is it used by the nightly version when it scans the songs?
3/ Is there a web page which explains the advanced configuration page?