Compatibility with Creative Media Source playlist

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Feature Requests Compatibility with Creative Media Source playlist

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    leewillis
    Participant

I use several media players but the best I have found, with the best interface for managing a music library and playlist, while delivering superb sound quality, is the new Creative Media Source in conjunction with the Sound Blaster X-FI Platinum sound card. It actually allows one to improve on the MP3, Wave and WMA recordings. I would love it if Soundbridge would detect and play the playlists and Libraries built in the Creative Media Source program. Any hopes for this on the wish list?

rpedde
    Participant

@leewillis wrote:

I use several media players but the best I have found, with the best interface for managing a music library and playlist, while delivering superb sound quality, is the new Creative Media Source in conjunction with the Sound Blaster X-FI Platinum sound card. It actually alows one to improve on the MP3, Wave and WMA recordings. I would love it if Soundbridge would detect and play the playlists and Libraries built in the Creative Media Source program. Any hopes for this on the wish list?

Do you have any idea where or in what format it stores the playlists?

leewillis
    Participant

I don’t have any idea, that is why I adressed my comment to the experts in that field. I am sure that it is encoded in some manner but that shouldn’t be difficult for the FireFly Media Server developers to resolve. πŸ™„ Thanks for your interest.

cromei
    Participant

it is in a hidden directory in C:Documents and SettingsuseridApplication DataCreative it is a .dpm file… Good luck reading that one across multiple platforms πŸ™‚ there is also a .cdx file and a .dpm file too.
    Craig

rpedde
    Participant

@cromei wrote:

it is in a hidden directory in C:Documents and SettingsuseridApplication DataCreative it is a .dpm file… Good luck reading that one across multiple platforms πŸ™‚ there is also a .cdx file and a .dpm file too.
    Craig

Gotta be a database of some sort and an index. xbase, maybe?

Didn’t see a mac download, though. πŸ™‚

cromei
    Participant

I can send copies if you want.
    Craig

rpedde
    Participant

@cromei wrote:

I can send copies if you want.
    Craig

If you have the files and could zip and send them, I wouldn’t mind taking a look. If it’s just xbase, it shouldn’t be much of an issue.

– Ron

leewillis
    Participant

Thanks for the interest guys. I would really love to see the Creative Media Source libraries/playlists used by FireFly. Keep going, you are over my head with respect to data base techniques. Please let me know if you find an answer or a clue. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.