Can’t start server – libid3tag.so.0

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Can’t start server – libid3tag.so.0

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Running SuSE 9.2. I’ve built and installed lidid3tag, sqlite 2.8.17 and mt-daapd. Here is what happens:

gromit:/home/andy # /usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd &
    [1] 25703
    gromit:/home/andy # /usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd: error while loading shared libraries: libid3tag.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[1]+ Exit 127 /usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd

I checked and libid3tag.so.0 is in /usr/local/lib. /usr/local/lib is listed in /etc/ld.so.conf.

How do I get mt-daapd to find this file? Thanks!

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

Once you’ve added it to ld.so.conf, you need to run ldconfig. Did you do that?

rpedde
    Participant

Just to give you a shortcut on that, there is another problem that causes problems when installed to /usr/local.

The sample config file has everything pointing to /usr (/usr/share/mt-daapd/admin_root, for example), but if you didn’t configure with –prefix=/usr, then they are in /usr/local/share/mt-daapd/admin_root.

So double check that. Also, make the db_dir (/var/cache/mt-daapd) and make sure it has read/write permissions for the runas users. Lastly, verify that the mp3_dir has at least read permissions for the runas user.

That should do it.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, that took care of the rest of my problems.

Thanks Ron! :laugh:

Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Following up . . .

I am in the same boat here.

I am installing on a clark connect 4.2 box.

Here is what I did.

1. ./configure —prefix=/usr
    2. Checked to make sure libid3tag was available. It is in /usr/local/lib. I went into /etc/ld.so.conf.d. I created a file called libid3tag with the lines /usr/local/lib in it. I then ran ldconfig

I get the error “while loading shared libraries: libid3tag.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

Hints?

Thanks.

dave

Anonymous
    Inactive

Solved.

I needed to compile libid3tag with the –prefix = /usr as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.