Can’t see the playlists and music

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Can’t see the playlists and music

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    firnnauriel
    Participant

Good day.

I would like to elicit some information on the ff. issue:
    My server can already be seen from an iTunes (v. 7.2.0.34) client. However, once it is selected, it starts loading but it doesn’t diplay the files or playlists. Another weird thing is, the focus goes to the “Music” subcategory of the “Library” instead of remaining in the server (under “Shared”).

Please note that I already prepared the ff:
    – /etc/mt-daapd.playlist

Non-DRMed Music" {
    path not includes ".m4p"
    }

"Recently Added MP3s" {
    path includes ".mp3"
    }

"All" {
    path includes ".mp3"
    }

– /etc/mt-daapd.conf
    (changes from the default config)

mp3_dir /media/sda1/mp3
    servername router

My mt-daapd version is 0.2.3. It is installed in an embedded device using OpenEmbedded.

It seems that there is no problem in the server’s log file. Unfortunately, I don’t know if iTunes has a log file. Here’s the log file in the server:

Jul 5 10:50:22 router daemon.notice mt-daapd[732]: Scanned 1 songs in 1 seconds
    Jul 5 10:52:24 router daemon.notice mt-daapd[753]: Starting rendezvous daemon
    Jul 5 10:52:24 router daemon.notice mt-daapd[755]: Current database version: 8
    Jul 5 10:52:24 router daemon.notice mt-daapd[755]: Starting signal handler
    Jul 5 10:52:25 router daemon.notice mt-daapd[755]: Loading playlists
    Jul 5 10:52:25 router daemon.notice mt-daapd[755]: Initializing database
    Jul 5 10:52:25 router daemon.notice mt-daapd[755]: Starting mp3 scan
    Jul 5 10:52:25 router daemon.notice mt-daapd[755]: Starting web server from /usr/share/mt-daapd/admin-root on port 3689
    Jul 5 10:52:25 router daemon.notice mt-daapd[755]: Registering rendezvous names
    Jul 5 10:52:25 router daemon.notice mt-daapd[755]: Scanned 1 songs in 1 seconds

Please tell me what could be the problem. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

rpedde
    Participant

@firnnauriel wrote:

My mt-daapd version is 0.2.3. It is installed in an embedded device using OpenEmbedded.

iTunes 7.2 or greater require 0.2.4 or better. That’s the issue.

— Ron

firnnauriel
    Participant

I see. Thank you very much for the information.

Can you suggest other DAAP client aside form iTunes (aside from Get It Together)? An open source project would be better.

Thanks in advance.

fizze
    Participant

If you’re stuck on win32, theres not many.
    Other than that, there is Banshee and Rhythmbox. The latter i personally think its the best one available right now.

On win32, i havent found anything decent yet. There is a winamp plugin called ml-daap which is kinda ok, though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.