Can’t Make Transcoding Work

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

mt-daapd svn-1005
    Mac OS PPC 10.4.6

Great software. I really appreciate all the hard work that’s gone into it. Thank you all. I first discovered it when I needed to share music from a Ubuntu box to iTunes via DAAP. Works great, and I installed it on the Macs on my network, so that they can share without having to have iTunes running all the time. But…

I have been struggling to get transcoding support working for a month or two now, to no avail. I am honestly at a loss as to why it doesn’t. I am using the provided Perl script for transcoding. Mplayer is installed and functional.

When I test the script by pointing it at a FLAC file and redirecting the output to a new WAV file as recommended in the Troubleshooting section of the how-to, I get a perfectly OK WAV file – so it seems the problem isn’t the script.

When I try and listen over the network, iTunes sees the song and identifies it as a WAV with all the correct information about it, but doesn’t play anything, and gives me the grey “!” icon next to the song name. My other music (that doesn’t require transcoding) plays just fine, as always.

I’m sure the answer is something obvious, what am I doing wrong or not doing here?

rpedde
    Participant

Might be paths… check to make sure that any paths are fully specified… it might be that when running as the daemon user it doesn’t have a full environment (like to /usr/local/bin, or even maybe /usr/bin).

That’s what I’d check first.

Well that and to make sure you are running nightlies and not 0.2.4. 🙂

— Ron

Erroneous Monk

Hooray! That did it – by fixing the pathnames in mt-daapd-ssc.sh, I’ve got it working now with that script. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.