Can’t get iTunes playlists to show up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #426
    n8gray
    Participant

    I’m using svn-1281 nightly and I can’t get my iTunes playlists to show up. There’s zero documentation on how this is supposed to work, so I’m hoping I’m doing it right. I’ve put my “iTunes Music Library.xml” file at the root of my music library:


    [email protected]:/mnt/storage/music/library# ls
    iTunes Music iTunes Music Library.xml

    I’ve tried deleting the database and rescanning it, but the .xml file is never picked up. 😥

    BTW, the xml file is from the latest iTunes on OS X.

    #5482
    rpedde
    Participant

    @n8gray wrote:

    I’m using svn-1281 nightly and I can’t get my iTunes playlists to show up. There’s zero documentation on how this is supposed to work, so I’m hoping I’m doing it right. I’ve put my “iTunes Music Library.xml” file at the root of my music library:


    [email protected]:/mnt/storage/music/library# ls
    iTunes Music iTunes Music Library.xml

    I’ve tried deleting the database and rescanning it, but the .xml file is never picked up. 😥

    BTW, the xml file is from the latest iTunes on OS X.

    You’ll need to set “process_m3u” to 1 in your config, and it should pick it up.

    — Ron

    #5483
    n8gray
    Participant

    @rpedde wrote:

    You’ll need to set “process_m3u” to 1 in your config, and it should pick it up.

    — Ron

    Ah, that did the trick! Perhaps that parameter should be renamed to “process_playlists”…

    Thanks,
    -n8

    #5484
    rpedde
    Participant

    @n8gray wrote:

    @rpedde wrote:

    You’ll need to set “process_m3u” to 1 in your config, and it should pick it up.

    — Ron

    Ah, that did the trick! Perhaps that parameter should be renamed to “process_playlists”…

    Thanks,
    -n8

    There is a bug filed on that — I’m not sure how it will all fall out, but it will indeed be less unintuitive.

    — Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.