You are here: Home » Topic » Can’t get iTunes playlists to show up

Can’t get iTunes playlists to show up

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rpedde 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

n8gray
    Participant

I’m using svn-1281 nightly and I can’t get my iTunes playlists to show up. There’s zero documentation on how this is supposed to work, so I’m hoping I’m doing it right. I’ve put my “iTunes Music Library.xml” file at the root of my music library:

[email protected]:/mnt/storage/music/library# ls
    iTunes Music iTunes Music Library.xml

I’ve tried deleting the database and rescanning it, but the .xml file is never picked up. 😥

BTW, the xml file is from the latest iTunes on OS X.

rpedde
    Participant

@n8gray wrote:

I’m using svn-1281 nightly and I can’t get my iTunes playlists to show up. There’s zero documentation on how this is supposed to work, so I’m hoping I’m doing it right. I’ve put my “iTunes Music Library.xml” file at the root of my music library:

[email protected]:/mnt/storage/music/library# ls
    iTunes Music iTunes Music Library.xml

I’ve tried deleting the database and rescanning it, but the .xml file is never picked up. 😥

BTW, the xml file is from the latest iTunes on OS X.

You’ll need to set “process_m3u” to 1 in your config, and it should pick it up.

— Ron

n8gray
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

— Ron

Ah, that did the trick! Perhaps that parameter should be renamed to “process_playlists”…

Thanks,
    -n8

rpedde
    Participant

@n8gray wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

— Ron

Ah, that did the trick! Perhaps that parameter should be renamed to “process_playlists”…

Thanks,
    -n8

There is a bug filed on that — I’m not sure how it will all fall out, but it will indeed be less unintuitive.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.