Can’t edit config from webpage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    butchhauke

Just installed FireFly on my iMac G5 running OS X 10.4.7. When I go to the Config section of the admin webpage I cannot edit anything. I get the message: “Your config file is not writable, you can not change anything using this webpage.” When I look at the permissions for mt-daapd.conf, it says I can read and write. I installed with and am logged in with an admin account. Any ideas?

TIA,
    Butch

Sqeze
    Participant

Yes, I have a similar setup (G5 1.8 GHz, OS X 10.4.7), and also can’t edit the config file: “Your config file is not writable, you can not change anything using this webpage.”

I’ve opened up the permissions so anyone can edit it, but it still gives the error message above.

butchhauke

Sqeze,

Thanks for confirming that you have a similar problem. So, I wonder if this is an OS X problem or if it’s specific to a subset of machines (although I don’t see why that would happen in this instance).

Butch

rpedde
    Participant

@butchhauke wrote:

Sqeze,

Thanks for confirming that you have a similar problem. So, I wonder if this is an OS X problem or if it’s specific to a subset of machines (although I don’t see why that would happen in this instance).

Butch

Nope, it’s a package issue. It’s fixed in svn, and you should see it next mac package drop.

I’m working on integrating the mac stuff into the rest of cvs, so hopefully I’ll start dropping osx packages into nightlies.

— Ron

butchhauke

Thanks for clearing that up Ron. I’ll keep an eye out for the Mac update.

Butch

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.