Can’t connect to firefly from other computers

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Can’t connect to firefly from other computers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Skeeve
    Participant

Firefly Version: 1.1b1 / svn-1491

Server Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.10

Server Hardware: PowerBook G4

Client Device: Rhythmbox on Ubuntu 7.04

Also tried using: Banshhe on same Computer, Rhyhmbox on other Ubuntu 7.04
    Only Success with newest iTunes (7.4.2?) on Server itself.

Connection of clients: one client connect directly to WLAN Router, other with dLAN. Server on WLAN.

I first tried firefly 1.0b3 and the Ubuntu on dLAN could find the server but no files were listed. I then installed 1.1b1 and now the server isn’t found at all. I can connect to the server via ssh and VNC. I also switched off OS X’s firewall but it made no difference.

The only success was (as mentioned above) with iTunes 7.4.2 on the same machine.

Web interface: Yes, I can connect.

iTunes XML file: Yes. I didn’t change the standard configuration and, as the test with iTunes showed, everything was served properly.

What else can I do debug?

Anonymous
    Inactive

tcp/udp ports in the firewall on the ubuntu machines? and just a tcp exception on the Mac box in the firewall? Scan the (old) info here

http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=4976

it’s relevant for the mac os box and a search under ubuntu and/or firewall may give you the relevant tcp/udp exceptions you need for the ubuntu ones. (and an upgrade to a more recent nightly may be of help..)

Skeeve
    Participant

@andyg wrote:

tcp/udp ports in the firewall on the ubuntu machines? and just a tcp exception on the Mac box in the firewall? Scan the (old) info here

http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=4976

Can you give me a hint, where to search? I already scanned that thread a few hours ago but couldn’t find anything useful.

@andyg wrote:

it’s relevant for the mac os box and a search under ubuntu and/or firewall may give you the relevant tcp/udp exceptions you need for the ubuntu ones. (and an upgrade to a more recent nightly may be of help..)

I have no firewall on the ubuntu machines installed and, as noted above, I also turned of the on on OS X.

And now that I write this I remember that I forgot to mention that I had mt-daapd (installed from darwinports) running with a small subset of my mp3 files and they were served to the ubuntu machines flawlessly. The only problem with the mt-daapd and so the reason for switching to firefly was, that mt-daapd ate up 80% CPU time and didn’t finish scanning all my music files.

Oops… stay tuned… I just did the port thingy (3689 instead of 1024 tho) and now the Server is seen… I wait for it to finish retrieving the list…

BINGO! YMMD! Thanks! How could I have overseen that?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.