Cannot serve a SHN file to my Roku Soundbridge

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Cannot serve a SHN file to my Roku Soundbridge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lenoxb
    Participant

I am running the version of Firefly I downloaded from http://www.rokulabs.com/downloads/sb_and_sbr_support_downloads/FireflySetup.exe on a Windows XP SP2 machine with all the latest windows update patches installed.

I cannot get it to serve my SoundBridge a SHN file. I have had no trouble with other formats (including FLAC, which required me to add that extension using the configuration utility.) I reduced the test case down to a library consisting of a single directory containing about 10 SHN files. Here’s what my config file looks like, after stripping out all the comments:

[general]
    web_root = C:Program FilesFirefly Media Serveradmin-root
    port =9999
    admin_pw = firefly
    db_type = sqlite
    db_parms = C:Program FilesFirefly Media Server
    mp3_dir =E:Flac Music
    servername =Firefly Media Server
    runas = nobody
    extensions = .mp3,.m4a,.m4p,.wma,.flac,.shn,.wav
    rescan_interval = 600
    always_scan = 1
    process_m3u = 1
    scan_type = 2
    truncate = 1
    logfile = firefly.log
    password =

[plugins]
    plugin_dir = C:Program FilesFirefly Media Serverplugins
    plugins = rsp.dll,w32-event.dll,ssc-ffmpeg.dll,ssc-wma.dll

I realize SHN is a bit limited as a format in that it carries no metadata, but I did see a another SHN question on the forum (about outboard metadata), so I’m wondering what I need to do to get Firefly to serve it to the Roku properly.

fizze
    Participant

Well, to play some shorten files I guess you’d have to utilize transcoding, be it by script or via ffmpeg. *shrug*

rpedde
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Well, to play some shorten files I guess you’d have to utilize transcoding, be it by script or via ffmpeg. *shrug*

But the file types that ffmpeg will transcode are hardcoded (based on those codec that I have metadata for).

So it would require source hacking to make it work.

— Ron

lenoxb
    Participant

Thanks. Converting the SHN’s to FLAC’s is the path of least resistance, then.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.