Can not retrieve next song

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dksoft

I am using a wireless music center called hifidelio (http://www.hifidelio.net) with the build 20050815 on FC4. That works fine for the first song but if the hifidelio wants to retrieve the next song, it times out and disconnects.

I talked to the hifidelio developer and he says that the problem is that mt-daapd does not set “Connection:” to “Keep-Alive” in the httpd header. The hifidelio unit keeps the connection alive all the time.

Is there a way to keep connections alive with mt-daapd ?

If needed, I can provide network traces of the protocol.

Thanks,
    Dirk

rpedde
    Participant

Lol.

Hmm… A network trace wouldn’t be a bad idea. What would also help would be to start up mt-daapd with a small database and do a run with -d9.

I’d like to see the output of that when it fails too.

Send me an email at ron at pedde.com, and we can coordinate how to get that info.

Might take some back-and-forth, as I don’t have one of these devices, but if you are willing to work from patches, we can make this work.

— Ron

rpedde
    Participant

I got the trace, I’ve just been slow to respond. I got it just before the whole iTunes 5 thing, which caught me in the middle of moving without any machines set up, and it was just a nightmare.

I’m mostly back on track. I was going to push up some stuff tonight, but I’m just beat… I’m going to go to bed early tonight and hit it again tomorrow. I’ll have something for this in the next couple days.

— Ron

blechkiste

@rpedde wrote:

I’ll have something for this in the next couple days.

Hi Ron,

I’m following up on this issue. Unfortunately, it is still the same problem as dksoft reported some time ago.
    Except that firefly is now running in version 1463.
    If you want, I can send you the debug log file from firefly.

regards
    blechkiste

rpedde
    Participant

I’m following up on this issue. Unfortunately, it is still the same problem as dksoft reported some time ago.
    Except that firefly is now running in version 1463.
    If you want, I can send you the debug log file from firefly.

No, I’ve seen it. The issue is that the hifidelio doesn’t respect the Connection-Type: Close header. It’s possible I could keepalive the connection, but it would mean that transcoding wouldn’t work, as I don’t know how long the song is until I finish transcoding it. It also means I’d have to keep some kind of quirks table, and special case that player.

Which is doable, but frankly isn’t high on my todo list.

If you bump me on it periodically, though, you’d probably have better luck with it moving up the priority list. ๐Ÿ™‚

— Ron

rom

Hello,

I come to bump you ๐Ÿ˜€ .

It would be nice to use firefly for more than one song ;).

thx

Rom

rpedde
    Participant

@rom wrote:

Hello,

I come to bump you ๐Ÿ˜€ .

It would be nice to use firefly for more than one song ;).

thx

Rom

I still maintain it’s a client problem, not a server problem, and that they aren’t following the http spec. BUT… I did a fixup for that in r1528. Latest nightlies (nightlies.mt-daapd.org) should work.

Try it and let me know.

— Ron

trenkler

Suffering for a long while from this problem – it works now with Version svn-1586 !!
    Thank You

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.