can I remove any genres

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I like this app so first of all thanks!

I have been adding a lot of music to my MSS and streaming it with Firefly which is great although unforgiving because my music tags are all over the place.

I have noticed that any new genres that I tag my music with are created in Firefly but hoping that I can somehow remove some of the unwanted genres as I am trying to keep the player as simple as possible?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

As far as I know, genres are not stored in the database. They are built dynamically from your library. As soon as you remove all music files of a particular genre, it won’t be displayed anymore.

@hermes wrote:

I like this app so first of all thanks!

I have been adding a lot of music to my MSS and streaming it with Firefly which is great although unforgiving because my music tags are all over the place.

I have noticed that any new genres that I tag my music with are created in Firefly but hoping that I can somehow remove some of the unwanted genres as I am trying to keep the player as simple as possible?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

But they were there when I started, I didnt have any music in there when I installed it and have only added since then. I see new ones that are mine but cant figure out if I can get rid of the others, there are far too many.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have you tried a Full Scan? I originally had over 80 genres when I first imported my library but I re-organized it into about 30 genres. That’s all that show up in FireFly.

@hermes wrote:

But they were there when I started, I didnt have any music in there when I installed it and have only added since then. I see new ones that are mine but cant figure out if I can get rid of the others, there are far too many.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What are some examples of the genres that you think should not be there? When you select one of these genres in your client, are any titles displayed?

@hermes wrote:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.