You are here: Home » Topic » Can I edit my MP3s through iTunes when using FireFly?

Can I edit my MP3s through iTunes when using FireFly?

FireFly Media Server (formerly mt-daapd) Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Can I edit my MP3s through iTunes when using FireFly?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rpedde 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #2001

    Anonymous

    Can I edit my MP3s through iTunes when using FireFly?

    For example, let’s suppose I want to change the title of an MP3 or more importantly let’s say I wanted to rate the song up or down.

    Is that possible?

    Also, can I sync to my iPod using iTunes + FireFly?

    Lastly, can I stream from FireFly to my X-Box 360 and/or Windows Media Player 11?

    Thanks for the help and sorry for so many questions!

    #14987

    rpedde
    Participant

    @sofakng wrote:

    Can I edit my MP3s through iTunes when using FireFly?

    For example, let’s suppose I want to change the title of an MP3 or more importantly let’s say I wanted to rate the song up or down.

    Is that possible?

    Possible, but I’m hesitant to modify metadata on music files. I’ve got some ideas about keeping the modified metadata somehow “outside” the files, but I haven’t really come to a good conclusion about how to do it, and even whether or not I should.

    Also, can I sync to my iPod using iTunes + FireFly?

    Nope, iTunes only syncs local data sources.

    Lastly, can I stream from FireFly to my X-Box 360 and/or Windows Media Player 11?

    Thanks for the help and sorry for so many questions!

    Not yet, upnp will be the first feature worked on once the current nightlies go stable.

    — Ron

    #14988

    Anonymous

    I would strongly vote AGAINST editing of metadata on songs on a firefly shared library. Personally my shared library is visible by 30-50 people when I’m at Uni, the last thing I want is them being able to rename and rate my songs :/

    #14989

    mas
    Participant

    Guess we need more fine-grained user access then for this case…

    Either way I wouldnt run mt-daapd without a password in an environment where 50 ppl can see it.
    What if they all like your musik?

    #14990

    rpedde
    Participant

    @Bobly wrote:

    I would strongly vote AGAINST editing of metadata on songs on a firefly shared library. Personally my shared library is visible by 30-50 people when I’m at Uni, the last thing I want is them being able to rename and rate my songs :/

    Well, yeah. clearly it wouldn’t be enabled by default.

    #14991

    AldoBardea

    but the coverflow feature in iTunes is still not supported, am I right? I’m running the svn-1586 on ubuntu gutsy gibbon… Is it planned to support that in the future?

    #14992

    rpedde
    Participant

    @AldoBardea wrote:

    but the coverflow feature in iTunes is still not supported, am I right? I’m running the svn-1586 on ubuntu gutsy gibbon… Is it planned to support that in the future?

    Right. And it won’t ever be. It’s a client-side issue, not a server issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.