Can I edit my MP3s through iTunes when using FireFly?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Can I edit my MP3s through iTunes when using FireFly?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

For example, let’s suppose I want to change the title of an MP3 or more importantly let’s say I wanted to rate the song up or down.

Is that possible?

Also, can I sync to my iPod using iTunes + FireFly?

Lastly, can I stream from FireFly to my X-Box 360 and/or Windows Media Player 11?

Thanks for the help and sorry for so many questions!

rpedde
    Participant

@sofakng wrote:

For example, let’s suppose I want to change the title of an MP3 or more importantly let’s say I wanted to rate the song up or down.

Is that possible?

Possible, but I’m hesitant to modify metadata on music files. I’ve got some ideas about keeping the modified metadata somehow “outside” the files, but I haven’t really come to a good conclusion about how to do it, and even whether or not I should.

Also, can I sync to my iPod using iTunes + FireFly?

Nope, iTunes only syncs local data sources.

Lastly, can I stream from FireFly to my X-Box 360 and/or Windows Media Player 11?

Thanks for the help and sorry for so many questions!

Not yet, upnp will be the first feature worked on once the current nightlies go stable.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would strongly vote AGAINST editing of metadata on songs on a firefly shared library. Personally my shared library is visible by 30-50 people when I’m at Uni, the last thing I want is them being able to rename and rate my songs :/

mas
    Participant

Guess we need more fine-grained user access then for this case…

Either way I wouldnt run mt-daapd without a password in an environment where 50 ppl can see it.
    What if they all like your musik?

rpedde
    Participant

@Bobly wrote:

I would strongly vote AGAINST editing of metadata on songs on a firefly shared library. Personally my shared library is visible by 30-50 people when I’m at Uni, the last thing I want is them being able to rename and rate my songs :/

Well, yeah. clearly it wouldn’t be enabled by default.

AldoBardea

but the coverflow feature in iTunes is still not supported, am I right? I’m running the svn-1586 on ubuntu gutsy gibbon… Is it planned to support that in the future?

rpedde
    Participant

@AldoBardea wrote:

but the coverflow feature in iTunes is still not supported, am I right? I’m running the svn-1586 on ubuntu gutsy gibbon… Is it planned to support that in the future?

Right. And it won’t ever be. It’s a client-side issue, not a server issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.