build problem on svn-1586

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rkelly
    Participant

I tried to build svn-1586 on Ubuntu Dapper (6.06), with enabled ffmpeg support.
    Apart from adding ‘–with-ffmpeg-includes=/usr/include/ffmpeg’ to the commandline for the configure script (beats me why that would be neccesary) I get the following error:

os-unix.o: In function `os_loadlib':/home/rick/build/mt-daapd-svn-1586/src/os-unix.c:463: undefined reference to `dlopen'
    :/home/rick/build/mt-daapd-svn-1586/src/os-unix.c:464: undefined reference to `dlerror'
    os-unix.o: In function `os_libfunc':/home/rick/build/mt-daapd-svn-1586/src/os-unix.c:472: undefined reference to `dlsym'
    :/home/rick/build/mt-daapd-svn-1586/src/os-unix.c:473: undefined reference to `dlerror'
    os-unix.o: In function `os_unload':/home/rick/build/mt-daapd-svn-1586/src/os-unix.c:479: undefined reference to `dlclose'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Doing the exact same build for svn-1571 I do not get this error. The build completes fine.
    Can someone point me to the right direction to fix this error?

rpedde
    Participant

@rkelly wrote:

Apart from adding ‘–with-ffmpeg-includes=/usr/include/ffmpeg’ to the commandline for the configure script (beats me why that would be neccesary) I get the following error:

os-unix.o: In function `os_loadlib':/home/rick/build/mt-daapd-svn-1586/src/os-unix.c:463: undefined reference to `dlopen'
    :/home/rick/build/mt-daapd-svn-1586/src/os-unix.c:464: undefined reference to `dlerror'
    os-unix.o: In function `os_libfunc':/home/rick/build/mt-daapd-svn-1586/src/os-unix.c:472: undefined reference to `dlsym'
    :/home/rick/build/mt-daapd-svn-1586/src/os-unix.c:473: undefined reference to `dlerror'
    os-unix.o: In function `os_unload':/home/rick/build/mt-daapd-svn-1586/src/os-unix.c:479: undefined reference to `dlclose'

Doing the exact same build for svn-1571 I do not get this error. The build completes fine.

That’s strange, as there were no configure changes between 1571 and 1586. As a workaround, try:

LD_FLAGS=”-ldl” ./configure –blah blah blah

when you do your configure invocation and see if that works.

— Ron

rkelly
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@rkelly wrote:

That’s strange. As a workaround, try:

LD_FLAGS=”-ldl” ./configure –blah blah blah

when you do your configure invocation and see if that works.

— Ron

Thanks Ron, that did the trick.
    Weird it is needed in 1586 and not in 1571….

rpedde
    Participant

@rkelly wrote:

Thanks Ron, that did the trick.
    Weird it is needed in 1586 and not in 1571….

Ya, I went back to the commit logs and don’t see any configure changes between 1571 and 1586, so that *is* strange.

I guess I can do a check for libdl, but I’m not sure what’s up with that, exactly.

— Ron

rkelly
    Participant

Below part is missing from config.xml (it should be inside the Plugins section):

Plugins

text

I had to manually add it to be able to change the plugin configuration.

For the libdl issue: I put it in my startscript for configure, I guess it won’t do any harm if it’s not needed.

Now back to my transcoding problem with my SoundBridge for which I needed the ffmpeg plugin: mt-daapd-ssc.sh doesn’t seem to be able to transcode shorten files, the SoundBridge keeps telling me that the format is unsupported… On the commandline of the computer, on which mt-daapd runs, the transcoding and playback works fine however…

rpedde
    Participant

@rkelly wrote:

Now back to my transcoding problem with my SoundBridge for which I needed the ffmpeg plugin: mt-daapd-ssc.sh doesn’t seem to be able to transcode shorten files, the SoundBridge keeps telling me that the format is unsupported… On the commandline of the computer, on which mt-daapd runs, the transcoding and playback works fine however…

ffmpeg is the ick.

Easier to just transcode with a script. This post describes (at the end) how to transcode mpc — same thing only use the command to dump shn files to wav and use that for the transcode command.

http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=6391

Won’t pick up any metadata, but if you can point me towards anything describing shn metadata, I can look at it.

— Ron

rkelly
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

ffmpeg is the ick.

I noticed that 😉
    @rpedde wrote:

Easier to just transcode with a script. This post describes (at the end) how to transcode mpc — same thing only use the command to dump shn files to wav and use that for the transcode command.

I tried that on an older version (svn-1463 if I recall correctly), it failed for some reason, my SoundBridge showed a big X instead of the musicnote in front of the filename and told it was in ansupported format.

I put in the neccessary lines again, now it shows a musicnote on my SoundBridge. But it will not play the song… Time to get some debug logs. But that will have to wait. Maybe use shorten instead of shntool.

@rpedde wrote:

Won’t pick up any metadata, but if you can point me towards anything describing shn metadata, I can look at it.

As far as I know at the moment there is no metadata present in shn files.
    If I find something about it you will get the information from me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.