Build firefly nightly on WL-500g

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    gusdesigns
    Participant

@Aborigine wrote:

That was the.conf installed by Wouter’s .ipk. I just checked and the plugins folder is actually empty. So looks like this .ipk isn’t complete. Any suggestions for a fix that doesn’t involve a full build?

Hopefully, we’re getting to a solution, I’m still waiting for the nightly build (for my WL-HDD) for my pinnacle soundbridge (stupid daap licensing issue ! ๐Ÿ™ )

I’ll closely follow this thread ! 8)

rpedde
    Participant

@Aborigine wrote:

That was the.conf installed by Wouter’s .ipk. I just checked and the plugins folder is actually empty. So looks like this .ipk isn’t complete. Any suggestions for a fix that doesn’t involve a full build?

Do “/opt/sbin/mt-daapd -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf -v”, which should convert your config file to the new format, then edit it and add a section at the bottom like this:

[plugins]
    plugin_dir=/opt/usr/share/mt-daapd/plugins

Then, to solve the original problem, check the things that should be files and make sure htey aren’t directories — specifically, check that /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.playlist is a file and not a directory, and that /var/log/mt-daapd.log is a file not a directory.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

Do “/opt/sbin/mt-daapd -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf -v”, which should convert your config file to the new format, then edit it and add a section at the bottom like this:

[plugins]
    plugin_dir=/opt/usr/share/mt-daapd/plugins

Then, to solve the original problem, check the things that should be files and make sure htey aren’t directories — specifically, check that /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.playlist is a file and not a directory, and that /var/log/mt-daapd.log is a file not a directory.

— Ron

When I try to convert the file I get:
    “Converting config file…
    Error writing config file.”

I’m logged in as admin and have write permissions on the file, I can edit with nano.

I can confirm that the files are files not directories.

rpedde
    Participant

@Aborigine wrote:

I’m logged in as admin and have write permissions on the file, I can edit with nano.

Then add a “-d9 -f” to that and see what it says. Also, can you log on as root?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I then get:

Found 1 tokens in /tmp/harddisk/My_Music
    Token 1: /tmp/harddisk/My_Music
    Expanding precomments to 2048
    Expanding precomments to 4096
    Checking existence of /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root
    Config entry general/db_dir is deprecated. Please review the sample config
    Checking existence of /opt/var/mt-daapd
    Loading new config file.
    Converting config file…
    Error writing config file.

My understanding is that admin is the root account on the asus. There seems to be no user called root.

CCRDude
    Participant

There always is a root, some OS protect it so that you can sudo only though ๐Ÿ˜‰

Could you type

ls /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf -al

And post the output? It would show who has which access rights for that file…

Or you could immediately change them, I guess since there are no other users on that NAS, it isn’t that bad to make it available to every user on the machine:

sudo chmod 777 /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf

sudo tells the machine it should do the following command with superuser rights (aka root rights).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Before doing chmod:

-rw-r--r--    1 admin    root         6716 Mar  9 09:11 /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf

sudo is not recognised, but doing the chmod without it gives everyone permission:

-rwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root         6716 Mar  9 09:11 /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf

But after doing that I still get:

Loading new config file.
    Converting config file...

Any further ideas? Is there sample .conf available so I can manually edit the file?

rpedde
    Participant

@Aborigine wrote:

Before doing chmod:

-rw-r--r--    1 admin    root         6716 Mar  9 09:11 /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf

sudo is not recognised, but doing the chmod without it gives everyone permission:

-rwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root         6716 Mar  9 09:11 /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf

But after doing that I still get:

Loading new config file.
    Converting config file...

Any further ideas? Is there sample .conf available so I can manually edit the file?

There is sort of one here:

http://trac.fireflymediaserver.org/browser/trunk/contrib/mt-daapd.conf.templ?format=raw

You’ll have to search/replace the @prefix@ with the appropriate prefix (probably /opt), but that’s what the default config looks like.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tried that .conf (after correcting the @prefix@s) but still no joy, same errors persist. I think there’s something fundamentally wrong with this build for my system. Thanks for trying to help me get it working but I’ll now just wait for an official build ๐Ÿ˜‰

gusdesigns
    Participant

Ron,

Is there some kind of schedule for any ‘official’ version for Oleg’s firmware? ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    My pinnacle SB still only plays internet radio’s … ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.