Browse by folder – Roku

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jar

I’m new to Firefly and have a Roku Soundbridge.

Until now I’ve been using the Twonkyvision music server but thought I would give Firefly a go as the Twonkyvision one is now fee based.

With the Twonky I could browse my music by folder as well as artist, album. But I can’t do this with Firefly. I read another post from last year which said this is a client “problem” but I don’t see how it can be when I can do it with the Twonky server.

I know people question why you would browse by folder but I just prefer doing it this way.

Is there a workaround or is it just not possible to do this ?

Thanks

rpedde
    Participant

@jar wrote:

With the Twonky I could browse my music by folder as well as artist, album. But I can’t do this with Firefly. I read another post from last year which said this is a client “problem” but I don’t see how it can be when I can do it with the Twonky server.

Because the daap protocol doesn’t have a way to browse by folder. We could make a whole new protocol that includes browsing by folder, but it would require implementing the feature on both the client and the server.

I think there might be interest in doing that on the Roku side, as it’s something that comes up again and again, but it would certainly require some work on their part.

Or, alternatively, I could implement a UPnP server front-end for Firefly. Which I probably will at some point.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.