Broken Pipe playing m4a files

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Shumway
    Participant

Hi,

I’m running Firefly (SVN-1400) on a NSLU2 and using a Soundbridge M1001 as player.
    I have noticed a strange thing when playing m4a files.
    Whenever I play such files, the song database dosn’t get updated with eg. play_count
    When I check the firefly log I see a Write error: Broken pipe, like this:

2006-11-03 17:48:35 (00076004): Session 0: Streaming file ‘Angel of Harlem (Single).m4a’ to 192.168.1.200 (offset 0)
    2006-11-03 17:48:36 (00076004): Write error: Broken pipe
    2006-11-03 17:48:37 (00076404): Session 0: Streaming file ‘Angel of Harlem (Single).m4a’ to 192.168.1.200 (offset 345600)

I don’t know if these two things are connected, but somehow I think they are.
    As far as I understand by reading some other threads in this forum the broken pipe means that the tcp connection gets interrupted
    (or something like that 😉 ) But in my case there’s no problems in the playback, as this runs smoothly.

This issue only occurs when playing m4a songs. Playing mp3 works fine. No errors in the log, and the database gets updated when the files have been played.

It isn’t much of a problem in daily use, but I’m unable to make playlists based on play_count.

I have tried removing rsp.so from the plugins line in the conf file, so that firefly runs daap only, but it’s just the same.

Any suggestions on how to correct this is greatly appreciated. And let me know if more info is needed.

brgds
    Lars

rpedde
    Participant

@Shumway wrote:

I don’t know if these two things are connected, but somehow I think they are.

Yes, they are… if the client doesn’t accept the whole song, the server figures that it must have been skipped or something, so it doesn’t update the play count.

I’ll open a ticket for this and see if I can reproduce it.

This issue only occurs when playing m4a songs. Playing mp3 works fine. No errors in the log, and the database gets updated when the files have been played.

Are the lossless or regular m4a files?

Shumway
    Participant

It’s regular m4a files.

Thank you for looking into it.

/Lars

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.