Bonjour Stopped – Help Please

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    holsen

I’ve got Firefly running with iTunes 7, but the web interface shows that bonjour is stopped. Any idea why? How do I get it running? I can’t read any of my library through firefly.

Appreciate any comments / help

Hosen

rpedde
    Participant

@holsen wrote:

I’ve got Firefly running with iTunes 7, but the web interface shows that bonjour is stopped. Any idea why? How do I get it running? I can’t read any of my library through firefly.

Appreciate any comments / help

Hosen

It’s a bug. One I thought I had fixed, but apparently not. What platform are you running on? Windows, mac, unix? And what version?

holsen

Thanks for the reply. I’m on Win XP SP2

Hope the bug can be fixed: I love iTunes 7.0 but miss my SB 2000!

rpedde
    Participant

@holsen wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I’m on Win XP SP2

Hope the bug can be fixed: I love iTunes 7.0 but miss my SB 2000!

What isn’t working? As I said, the indicator on the web page is misleading — it says bonjour is stopped, but it isn’t.

So what exactly isn’t working?

holsen

The Soundbridge “sees” my iTunes Library, but of course SB and iT 7 are incompatible. The Soundbridge also recognizes the Firefly media server but can’t see any content. No artists, albums, songs, etc.

When I go to the FF Web interface I see the following info:

Bonjour: Stopped
    Firefly media server: running
    File scanner: Idle

Uptime: 4 hrs …..
    Songs: 0
    Songs Served: 0
    DB version: 2

I’ve set the proper music directory. When I run a full scan it literally takes 2.5 seconds, yet I have 750 CDs ripped into the directory.

I’m not sure what else to tell you except that all of the music is ripped at AAC 320

Also, the music directory is on a networked server, not the physical PC on which FF and iT are installed. So I just installed bonjour on the server as well, but it made no difference.

rpedde
    Participant

@holsen wrote:

The Soundbridge “sees” my iTunes Library, but of course SB and iT 7 are incompatible. The Soundbridge also recognizes the Firefly media server but can’t see any content. No artists, albums, songs, etc.

When I go to the FF Web interface I see the following info:

Bonjour: Stopped
    Firefly media server: running
    File scanner: Idle

Uptime: 4 hrs …..
    Songs: 0
    Songs Served: 0
    DB version: 2

I’ve set the proper music directory. When I run a full scan it literally takes 2.5 seconds, yet I have 750 CDs ripped into the directory.

I’m not sure what else to tell you except that all of the music is ripped at AAC 320

Also, the music directory is on a networked server, not the physical PC on which FF and iT are installed. So I just installed bonjour on the server as well, but it made no difference.

You’ll need to point it to the unc path of the share, not the mapped hard drive — the music server runs as a service, so it doesn’t have the same mapped drives.

So set the path to \servershare, not f: (or whatever).

— Ron

holsen

I really want to thank you for your personal input. I’ve pointed the Firefly to the actual path as follows: \Homedesktope itunes library1Apple Lossless FilesiTunes but still nothing. I’m scratching my head, can’t figure this one out.

Any other suggestions?

rpedde
    Participant

@holsen wrote:

I really want to thank you for your personal input. I’ve pointed the Firefly to the actual path as follows: \Homedesktope itunes library1Apple Lossless FilesiTunes but still nothing. I’m scratching my head, can’t figure this one out.

Any other suggestions?

Oh… yeah… I forgot to tell you the other half of what needs to be done. In addition ot pointing it to the server share, you also need to set firefly so it runs as a user with permissions ot that share.

Go into control panel -> admin tools -> services, find the firefly media server service and look at properties. Go to the logon tab and set it to log on as the same user you log on as. Then stop and start the service.

That should give it permissions to those files.

— Ron

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.