Bonjour service stopped – OSX 10.4

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Bonjour service stopped – OSX 10.4

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    exyfeplin

My firefly server (version svn-1586 on OSX 10.4) is running, but not visible to any machines on the network. The server status webpage tells me that the firefly server is running, but that bonjour is stopped.

what’s going wrong?

thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

The server status webpage tells me that the firefly server is running, but that bonjour is stopped.

that’s a known bug.

maybe try rebooting your server machine & other boxes and see if firefly shows up then. Ports open? Sharing enabled… etc etc?

brew
    exyfeplin wrote:
    My firefly server (version svn-1586 on OSX 10.4) is running, but not visible to any machines on the network. The server status webpage tells me that the firefly server is running, but that bonjour is stopped.

I had the same thing happen while I was trying to resolve a number of other problems. iTunes and my SoundBridge could no longer see the FireFly server running on my PowerBook.

I tried to update to a more current nightly when the problem started. in sort the solution that worked for me was;

Manually remove all traces of FireFly from my system as per the ReadMe file
    Reboot into single user mode and run fsck
    Reboot and run MacJanitor
    Install FireFly svn-1586

Now all is good.

Still can’t get svn-1433 running on my InfrantReady Ready NAS NV+ to recognise my .xml file but that’s another story.

Hope this helps
    Brew
    Roku M1001 v3.0.44
    InfrantReady NV+ v3.01c1-p6 FireFly svn-1433
    PowerBook 10.4.10 iTunes v7.3.2

rpedde
    Participant

@brew wrote:

Still can’t get svn-1433 running on my InfrantReady Ready NAS NV+ to recognise my .xml file but that’s another story.

I got some good logs that might help me track this down.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.