Big Thank You to Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chaintong
    Participant

Ron,

Have been using firefly for about 18 months on a PC – updating with nightlies every so often serving a roku roku (Kitchen) and pinnacle roku in the living room for about 18 months.

Always found the product really stable… just didn’t like having my desk top running all the time. So….

Finally stuck my toe into a linux world (I am really not technical at all – this is my first go at flashing / linux) and have unslung onto a pen drive with 3 usb disks hung of the other port using a usb hub.

So far so good – I’m listening to some great sounds, from a little test directory on the slug (10 albums) while it’s merrily scanning the big drive (34k songs) – I did the whole installation from flashing to scanning in about 3 hours, (including reading around it)

A big thanks to Ron for a great product, clear guides, great support, and generally being a top fella !

chain

rpedde
    Participant

@chaintong wrote:

Ron,

Have been using firefly for about 18 months on a PC – updating with nightlies every so often serving a roku roku (Kitchen) and pinnacle roku in the living room for about 18 months.

Always found the product really stable… just didn’t like having my desk top running all the time. So….

Finally stuck my toe into a linux world (I am really not technical at all – this is my first go at flashing / linux) and have unslung onto a pen drive with 3 usb disks hung of the other port using a usb hub.

So far so good – I’m listening to some great sounds, from a little test directory on the slug (10 albums) while it’s merrily scanning the big drive (34k songs) – I did the whole installation from flashing to scanning in about 3 hours, (including reading around it)

A big thanks to Ron for a great product, clear guides, great support, and generally being a top fella !

chain

Woohoo! Thanks for the feedback. Mostly I get “my stuff is broke” posts here, so it’s nice to hear from someone for whom its working. 🙂

I appreciate it. Have fun.

— Ron

mas
    Participant

Then let me add to the praise:

I couldnt really find any serious instability or bug on the last 3 nightlies. So great work. Time for making it stable soon?

gurgel2
    Participant

Next in line to add my praise. Fantastic pieace of software. Now that I got my NSLU spin down harddisks it works as cyber as I want it to. And beeing a programmer myself I must say its some piece of software.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.