Best way to add songs ??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alex74

Hello everyone,
    Firstly – great application Ron, worked first time for me when I set it up on my NSLU2.

Now – I have copied all my MP3’s to the share on the NSLU2, and iTunes client on my laptop can see and play all the songs streaming from the server.

My question is – what is the best method to then add/import songs to the server? Should I just set up an iTunes library locally on my laptop – import and tag songs etc in there – then simply file copy them to the share on the NSLU2 – stop and start the mt-daapd server to then have them indexed appear in the shared streaming list?
    (afterwards I could remove them from my local library? – in one way have the local library as a ‘working folder’ to get songs ready for the server)

Or ? is there another way to import/tag them directly to the share on the HDD using iTunes or something else perhaps?

Network Setup:
    1 x Asus Laptop Wireless running iTunes client and general software
    1 x NSLU2 with a 80Gb USB Disk storing the MP3’s and running mt-daapd

any advice appreciated!
    Cheers
    Alessandro.

rpedde
    Participant

That’s essentially what I do… I have one “authoritative” itunes db on my workstation, which I use to rip, tag, burn, etc.

I rsync that to my nslu2, and leave the background scanning on and it picks it up eventually. Seems to work okay for me.

I actually leave it on my workstation, though… I don’t delete it.

rpedde
    Participant

That’s essentially what I do… I have one “authoritative” itunes db on my workstation, which I use to rip, tag, burn, etc.

I rsync that to my nslu2, and leave the background scanning on and it picks it up eventually. Seems to work okay for me.

I actually leave it on my workstation, though… I don’t delete it.

alex74

Thanks Ron – that’s what I had thought. I’ll use this method! Cheers again for a very cool application.
    Alessandro

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.