Being overrun by spam

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    SydneyGuy
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

@SydneyGuy: Any news from Ron?

Unfortunately not. I was made redundant at my job just over a week ago so things have been a bit upside down for me and I haven’t been on the net a whole lot … well not for fun things anyway.

When the dust settles, and if he hasn’t shown up here, I’ll see if I can catch him on Yahoo and see what he is up to.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was made redundant at my job just over a week ago so things have been a bit upside down for me and I haven’t been on the net a whole lot … well not for fun things anyway.

join the gang… πŸ˜₯ i can see having a whole lot of time to zap spam… in between painting the house… anyone need an experienced photo editor? 😯

fizze
    Participant

Wow this is getting ridiculous.
    Now spambots are also replying to random existing threads.
    😑 πŸ™

rpedde
    Participant

damn spammers.

Obviously, I’ve upgraded to phpbb3. It has more anti-spam features. I’ve also made fizze and ccrdude team leaders for the webdevs moderation group, and you guys can add whoever you see fit to be moderators.

I’m going to be adding more anti-spam crap to the default phpbb setup, so be aware stuff is in flux.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This should make things a lot better, i do check-in once in a while, and had noticed the spam level going up and up πŸ™

If there’s anything I can do just let me know…

-Nic

fizze
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

damn spammers.

Obviously, I’ve upgraded to phpbb3. It has more anti-spam features. I’ve also made fizze and ccrdude team leaders for the webdevs moderation group, and you guys can add whoever you see fit to be moderators.

I’m going to be adding more anti-spam crap to the default phpbb setup, so be aware stuff is in flux.

Thats good to hear, and I hope it turns out well.
    While practically are captchas are unsafe, some simple customized prompts seem to work nicely, as in: “what is the best open DAAP server software?” πŸ˜‰

EVILRipper
    Participant

Nice. Finally some anti-spam.
    Also good to see ron’s still alive and kicking!

S80_UK
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Hey, Ron! Good to know you’re still around – even if busy on other real-world stuff.

We all appreciate the change and hopefully the reduced “spamage” (TM) ( = damage caused by spam πŸ˜† )

rpedde
    Participant

@EVILRipper wrote:

Nice. Finally some anti-spam.
    Also good to see ron’s still alive and kicking!

Barely, dude. Barely. πŸ™‚

Forgot to re-index the search, though… doing that now.

fizze
    Participant

Wow I just saw the first spambot msg.
    I like the new admin panel, lets you make mincemeat out of spam easily πŸ˜‰

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.