Beginners Guide

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello!
    I’ve red all 31 forum pages about FirePlay, cannot get it to work.

I’m new to all this Flash stuff, and I hope to get some answers
    on for example where I shall put the 3 Mellberg files, and what is
    ment by “yourserver.com:3689” .
    Is it the location of the Firefly server
    (http://localhost:9999/index.html) or what?

Anyone who can make a “FirePlay For Dummies” instruction set would be
    most appreciated!

Regards/ Jonas/Malmo/Sweden

sonichouse
    Participant

@SuperStatic wrote:

Hello!
    I’ve red all 31 forum pages about FirePlay, cannot get it to work.
    I’m new to all this Flash stuff, and I hope to get some answers
    on for example where I shall put the 3 Mellberg files

You can put them in the admin-root of the firefly web server, on any other web server you have on your machine/network.
    @SuperStatic wrote:

, and what is ment by “yourserver.com:3689” .
    Is it the location of the Firefly server
    (http://localhost:9999/index.html) or what?

localhost:9999 will do it on windows.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks!

Now its starting to happen things!

(In my head too)

Jonas

EVILRipper
    Participant

@SuperStatic wrote:

Now its starting to happen things!

Hehe. Woops. Same here. 🙂

greenleaf
    Participant

Since we’ve got a beginner’s guide thread going for FirePlay, I’ve got another n00b question.

If I’m using my server’s Apache web server to serve up FirePlay, what do I need to change configuration-wise to make it work? I put the files in Apache’s web directory and it wouldn’t connect to the server, so I moved them to the Firefly web admin directory and it connects fine. I’d prefer to have it served up by Apache so I can use it without the password for the admin page.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@greenleaf wrote:

Since we’ve got a beginner’s guide thread going for FirePlay, I’ve got another n00b question.

If I’m using my server’s Apache web server to serve up FirePlay, what do I need to change configuration-wise to make it work? I put the files in Apache’s web directory and it wouldn’t connect to the server, so I moved them to the Firefly web admin directory and it connects fine. I’d prefer to have it served up by Apache so I can use it without the password for the admin page.

Put the three files where ever you like (inside your htdocs or var/www or whatever). You just have to specify, in the FirePlay.html, the host and port of the FireFly server you want to connect to.

There are three instances of “?host=&port=”, modify them all to “?host=www.yourserver.com&port=3689” or if FireFly resides on the same physical computer, use “?host=localhost&port=3689”.

On Windows the port is (default) 9999.

greenleaf
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@greenleaf wrote:

Put the three files where ever you like (inside your htdocs or var/www or whatever). You just have to specify, in the FirePlay.html, the host and port of the FireFly server you want to connect to.

There are three instances of “?host=&port=”, modify them all to “?host=www.yourserver.com&port=3689” or if FireFly resides on the same physical computer, use “?host=localhost&port=3689”.

On Windows the port is (default) 9999.

Thanks!

I thought those spots probably had something to do with it, but I’m not very good at coding, so I thought I’d be better off leaving it alone and asking for help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi I have an HP Pavilion zv6007us laptop and HP Mediasmart Server EX470. I would like this add-on, but I am still confused where to put these files. On the laptop or the server? Where is the admin root folder located on either the laptop or server? Also do I need to edit the html file before I put it somewhere? If so how do I do that? And then how do I access this? Can I do this inside of my network (just to see how it works) or can I only use it when I’m out of my network. Sorry for all the questions, but I really kind of need it spelled out for me. 🙄 Maybe a readme.txt with step by step instructions could be added to the .zip file for dummies like me! LOL Thanks for all of your help in advance and thanks for people like you all that take the time to make cool stuff like this and for the ongoing support!

Anonymous
    Inactive

archerprincess,
    You need to put these files on the server.
    On yours, the easiest way, is put them in their own folder, under the Shared Folders. Them remote via RDP into the server, so you are at the server desktop. From there, open Windows Explorer and copy the three files from the above folder, to:
    C:Program FilesFirefly Media Serveradmin-root.

After that, you should be all OK. You can acess your server music via the address: http://server:9999/Fireplay.html. (Replacing the word ‘server’ with the name you’ve given your own server).

HTH,

Colin

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks alot Colin! But when I try to access it using IE7 or Opera I get a password prompt box like so…

I try to put in my server’s username and password, but the password field just turns blank again like I’m putting in a wrong password. Any suggestions?

Also is there a way to send the info in a secrure manner?

Also is this the same link I use when outside my network or do I have to use my domain name that i created for my server that I use when I access the server remotely? Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.