"Authentication Required" message from iTunes

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues "Authentication Required" message from iTunes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ubuntu 7.1 and mt-daapd 2.4.1.something.
    It’s only been installed since 2/9/2008 so it is a pretty recent build.

I have followed several guides and none of them ever game mention to the iTunes (v7.6) message I am receiving now:

To access this site, you need to log in to area “webserver” on (IP address here)

It pops up a few seconds to a minute after it starts playing. Not sure if I need to setup a .htaccess file for apache with null values for username and password. any help on this would be appreciated.

It also can’t seem to tag m4v files as videos and iTunes won’t display them as video in the lisiting and the only way to view them is to start watching, then click on the “album cover art” area and the video then pops up.

Any chance on getting it to serve out PDF files? I am trying to mirror a lot of the iTunes U content locally so my WAN doesn’t get hosed and that content includes PDF “learning guides” for teachers.

Thanks 🙂

rpedde
    Participant

@Creator1326 wrote:

Ubuntu 7.1 and mt-daapd 2.4.1.something.
    It’s only been installed since 2/9/2008 so it is a pretty recent build.

I have followed several guides and none of them ever game mention to the iTunes (v7.6) message I am receiving now:

To access this site, you need to log in to area “webserver” on (IP address here)

This is fixed in r1674. If this is an issue, you’ll have to upgrade to 1696 available on the nightlies page. http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org

It also can’t seem to tag m4v files as videos and iTunes won’t display them as video in the lisiting and the only way to view them is to start watching, then click on the “album cover art” area and the video then pops up.

Not all the video metadata is all there.

Any chance on getting it to serve out PDF files? I am trying to mirror a lot of the iTunes U content locally so my WAN doesn’t get hosed and that content includes PDF “learning guides” for teachers.

Can iTunes share the pdf files it has in the db?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes can FFMS serve out the PDF files when working with iTunes U content. When working with PDF files in iTunes locally, iTunes send the PDF to either Acrobat or Preview. I see firefly really helping out schools as drive storage is cheap but bandwidth and local DVD libraries are not as well as archiving old VHS stuff and making it available school wide when more than one teacher needs it, or just for convenience. All of our projector carts have computers but not VCRs or DVD players (well the comps can play DVDs). This would also be way cool if we could afford enough AppleTV or similar boxes to play back all this stored content on the TVs in each room.

Yes I am an optimist and dreamer. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great, svn-1696 fixes the iTunes authentication bug, but audio and video files still show up as the same type. Why can’t FFMS just add in a “this is video” setting to the record of the file in the DB when ever it encounters a .m4v file as .m4v will always be video. Seems like an easy workaround for this type of video file. This way iTunes will then know how to handle the stream instead having to click on the album cover area to get the video to pop-up and then click on it again to have the video resize.

Thanks and great work, wish I contribute in a more meaningful way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.