Application conflict?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    k3n85
    Participant

Well now I’m boggled, installed 1519 on my work machine and works flawlessly, along with the tray app. At home, I don’t get the tray app, or get it to show up in iTunes.

Both running WinXP sp2, many similar apps, but something on my home pc is conflicting with the tray app, and the actual daap share … any hints and what might be breaking this?

And/Or should I just try re-installing it entirely? List of apps or network settings I should look into?

rpedde
    Participant

@k3n85 wrote:

Well now I’m boggled, installed 1519 on my work machine and works flawlessly, along with the tray app. At home, I don’t get the tray app, or get it to show up in iTunes.

Both running WinXP sp2, many similar apps, but something on my home pc is conflicting with the tray app, and the actual daap share … any hints and what might be breaking this?

And/Or should I just try re-installing it entirely? List of apps or network settings I should look into?

The stuff I’d try in general order:

1. Full uninstall and reinstall. That gets rid of the application manifest if it’s still sitting there, which might be a problem. The fix is in svn for next nightlies, but won’t hurt uninstall/reinstall.

2. If it still doesn’t go, might be worth re-installing apple’s bonjour for windows. Gizmo, among other programs, seems to install only pieces of bonjour. Enough for it to work, but not enough for firefly to work. And also enough for firefly to decide that bonjour is already loaded and not prompt for it. D’oh.

Those are the first things that come into my head.

— Ron

k3n85
    Participant

after getting it to work on my laptop vista, I did all that as my next instinct, and on 1519 seemed to start up as it should (Apr 03 build) and tray showed up finally, configured and showed up in iTunes, and after some futzing w/ some xbmc options and xml it works… so now im on the same page as most people w/ PC ….

Thanks again!

rpedde
    Participant

@k3n85 wrote:

after getting it to work on my laptop vista, I did all that as my next instinct, and on 1519 seemed to start up as it should (Apr 03 build) and tray showed up finally, configured and showed up in iTunes, and after some futzing w/ some xbmc options and xml it works… so now im on the same page as most people w/ PC ….

Thanks again!

n.p. Sorry about that. The windows builds have been kinda fragile last week or so. Should be settling back out now, though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.