Another stupid question

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

This is again the same problem. The fact that when you move the files off one file system into another, it might change the names of the files.

I know, for example, that ntfs stores filenames in utf-16. iTunes xml stores it in utf-8. I’ve been talking with someone else about trying both utf-8 and utf-16 when trying to locate files, and that might solve this specific problem.

I guess we’ll see next nightly.

— Ron

zemanel

Thanks for your help.

On a different subject, it’s very cool that the Roku people picked you and your program up for their Soundbridge. Have you heard anything from the Lynksis people about what I posted in another thread – that they’re rumoured to bundle mt-daapd with their upcoming firmware?
    If they worked with you that would also be great. Probably for you (unless they want slave work) and for the end user, since for instance someone with NSLU2+ROKU Soundbridge (like myself) would be covered at both ends of the music stream.

cheers

fizze
    Participant

wow, where did you get that rumor from ?
    certainly not a bad idea.

anyway, I’d still prefer to run (enter yourfavorite nslu2 *IX here) on my slug, since its just nicer to have all the possibilities.

zemanel

fizze wrote:

wow, where did you get that rumor from ?

For example, go here:

http://www.linksysinfo.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=14537

and read the 7th post.

fizze
    Participant

wow, looks cool.

way to go, ron & mt-daapd 🙂
    B)

rpedde
    Participant

Nope, nothing from them. But they are free to do what they like, so long as they distribute any source changes.

‘Course if they had any sense of decency, they’d ship me a development slug, but they aren’t required to. 🙂

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.