All songs are duplicated in Firefly

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues All songs are duplicated in Firefly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JohnPRG

Has anyone run into this issue?

I’ve set up my itunes. Did a clean resynch using ITLU. But ever since I set up the firsfly server (running on Windows XP) I get duplicate entries for everything in my itunes database. These show up on all server clients.

It is maddening because I can’t listen to an album.

Itunes on that machine shows no duplicates.

Please excuse me if this has been covered before. I searched but could not find any previous coverage.

Thanks in advance

rpedde
    Participant

@JohnPRG wrote:

Has anyone run into this issue?

I’ve set up my itunes. Did a clean resynch using ITLU. But ever since I set up the firsfly server (running on Windows XP) I get duplicate entries for everything in my itunes database. These show up on all server clients.

It is maddening because I can’t listen to an album.

Itunes on that machine shows no duplicates.

Please excuse me if this has been covered before. I searched but could not find any previous coverage.

Thanks in advance

Is it possible you have two copies of the songs? That should really be the only reason there are dups.

You can zip up your songs.db from c:program filesfirefly media server and email it to me at [email protected], and I can tell you where the dups are… or at least where the database *thinks* they are. That might shed some light.

— Ron

chrissbu
    Participant

I am having a similar issue…I have all of my music on both my local hard drive as well as a network attached drive, HOWEVER, I set Firefly to only look at my local hard drive. From looking at the songs.db file, I can see that it is in fact pulling the songs from both locations, and I can’t seem to tell it not to.

Any suggestions? I am running SVN-1498 (and have tried others but no luck), and have found that the save button on the web config is not working, either, on both Firefox 2 and IE7.

rpedde
    Participant

@chrissbu wrote:

I am having a similar issue…I have all of my music on both my local hard drive as well as a network attached drive, HOWEVER, I set Firefly to only look at my local hard drive. From looking at the songs.db file, I can see that it is in fact pulling the songs from both locations, and I can’t seem to tell it not to.

Any suggestions? I am running SVN-1498 (and have tried others but no luck), and have found that the save button on the web config is not working, either, on both Firefox 2 and IE7.

It may be reading the iTunes file and picking up the remote files from there.

If it sees the iTunes files references a music file not in the database, it adds it automatically. Is that possible?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.