album art

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    inno

Is there any way album art can be transported over DAAP. or is this something that itunes won’t support. and there for no one?

cause i am missing the album view and stuff that you do have on your not-music shares

rpedde
    Participant

@inno wrote:

Is there any way album art can be transported over DAAP. or is this something that itunes won’t support. and there for no one?

cause i am missing the album view and stuff that you do have on your not-music shares

It does, when the album art is embedded in the audio file. If you’ve added album art yourself, it gets put in the file, and you can see it remotely.

When you let iTunes do it, it puts it on the file system somewhere, so it doesn’t get streamed with the music.

When I add new music, I just make sure I copy the album art that iTunes fetched and add it to the songs in the library, then it works okay for me.

— Ron

inno

aha so there is the problem.
    i have to try it later.

i could mean that i have to redo all of my 15k music file

rpedde
    Participant

@inno wrote:

aha so there is the problem.
    i have to try it later.

i could mean that i have to redo all of my 15k music file

I would guess there are probably applescripts put the music that apple downloaded into the file itself.

In fact, doug’s applescript archive has this:

http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=embedart

inno

thnx it worked perfectly. 🙂

love your work. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi… I am a new joiner to this forum and having issues in getting the artwork in itunes when reading from the itunes server from my ReadyNAS NV+… One important note is that my music files are in FLAC and albumart is as a separate file stored in the same folder of the album as cover.jpg. Appreciate any help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.