aiff files not recognised on OSX

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@andyg wrote:

in answer to the questions:

Okay, that all looks good. Now, check the web config, and make sure that “process m3u files” is set to “yes”.

Then, go to the status page and hit the “Start Full Scan” button.

Let it grind for a while, then see if they show up. Understand that it may take a while for it to get all those.

If they don’t show up, then I’ll ask you to go into the interface and set your debuglevel to 9, then force a full scan again. There should be a log file called “firefly.log” in ~/Library/Application Support/Firefly. If you could zip and email that, along with the firefly.conf to ron at pedde.com, then I can find out what’s going on.

Everything looks and sounds like it’s right though. I can’t imagine what’s going on. :/

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

so the m3u process was set to ‘yes’, and a full rescan made no difference.

where do I change the debug level? Couldn’t see an option to change it either on the server/configuration page or in the .conf file.

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok, found the debug option & have emailed the log & conf. files to you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ron,

Been noodling around with the problem this evening and to elaborate but possibly mystify further, I found that the aiff files are showing up on firefly on itunes, but they are right down the bottom of the list, missing all their tags bar name & time (which is why I missed them before – I was searching under the artists’ names for them.) There’s no album/artist/genre information etc. They do also show up on the roku but again just with the song/name title – they don’t show up under the artist/album name.

This is pretty weird given that they appear in itunes with all the accompanying information. Seems as if somewhere down the line the metadata has gone awol which is why they end up at the bottom of the server essentially unclassified…

Andy

grommet
    Participant

andyg, Firefly doesn’t deal with special tags iTunes stores inside AIFF files… it depends on the metadata (Artist, Album, etc.) that your iTunes XML file supplies it. (Same is true for WAV files.) When Firefly doesn’t have metadata available… it just just shows the filename as the song title. So, everything still points to Firefly not parsing your iTunes database…

rpedde
    Participant

@andyg wrote:

This is pretty weird given that they appear in itunes with all the accompanying information. Seems as if somewhere down the line the metadata has gone awol which is why they end up at the bottom of the server essentially unclassified…

Aha! Where is your iTunes Music Library.xml file? Still in ~/Music?

If so, go into the web interface and add /Users/you/Music to your mp3_dir paths. (so it has *both* paths).

Then tell it to rescan, and it should merge the metadata.

Oh. And make sure the “process m3u” setting is set to “yes” also.

— Ron

mjt5282

I am currently running SlimServer 6.5b1 and iTunes on my Win2K server, and trying to run firefly nightly on my new NSLU2 . Everything installed fine(thanks!) and it runs OK. FLAC and MP3 work perfectly , but my AIFF files are not showing the metadata.

I’d like to import my ITunes XML to my NSLU but will I have to regex my file paths in the XML file in order to have the proper tags on the AIFF on the NSLU ? Obviously the paths to the music files are slightly different on Win2K and Linux on my NSLU2 🙂

Mike

rpedde
    Participant
    mjt5282 wrote:
    I’d like to import my ITunes XML to my NSLU but will I have to regex my file paths in the XML file in order to have the proper tags on the AIFF on the NSLU ? Obviously the paths to the music files are slightly different on Win2K and Linux on my NSLU2 🙂

Nope, just dump it somewhere inside the mp3_dir, but above the folders that have the aiff files. For example, on my slug, I dump my xml file in the folder that has all the artist folders.

The server should make a good effort to figure out where everything is.

mjt5282

well, I finally got it to work. The XML file has to be named : “iTunes Music Library.xml” . My file was originally named something else.

rpedde
    Participant

@mjt5282 wrote:

well, I finally got it to work. The XML file has to be named : “iTunes Music Library.xml” . My file was originally named something else.

Ahh, yes. Sorry.. It used to try and parse anything that was a .xml file, but then it picked up backup copies of .xml files from itunes upgrades, and it really messed things up.

So I “fixed” that. Sorry…. should have said something.

— Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.