After installing the latest nightly..error

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues After installing the latest nightly..error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,
    I’m quite new to this and after installing the latest nighty (svn-1586) i get an error when looking at the Advanced config page of the Web administration.
    It says:
    Options missing from config.xml
    The options below are in your mt-daapd.conf and Firefly uses them,
    but this web page can’t handle them until they are added to config.xml

plugins:plugins

Does any one know what this means and how to fix it because i get 500general errors if i try to change anything?

EVILRipper
    Participant

Download a new config file, as it changed for the newest nightlies. As the installer saw it already existed, it didn’t replace the old one.
    http://trac.fireflymediaserver.org/browser/trunk/contrib/mt-daapd.conf.templ

Use that config, and try again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So basically the right thing to do is to first remove an old installation before installing a newer release?

fizze
    Participant

There seems to be something wrong with the ubuntu packaged version of mt-daapd.
    The binary is recent, but some support files are missing for instance.

In your case just check out the [plugins] section of your config file.
    Try commenting out the offending line, in this case its the line plugins=…. under that section.

Firefly willl oad all plugins it encounters in the plugin_dir by default, so this is obsolete.

EVILRipper
    Participant

Well, it’s just the config file which should be replaced. The rest is just fine.
    So a complete removal of the old installation wouldn’t be necessary.

fizze
    Participant

Well, I have found the “playlist.html” was completely gone, and the old applet was disfunct in the Ubuntu package for instance. YMMV though. 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.