Accessing iTunes Remotely on ReadyNAS Server

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Accessing iTunes Remotely on ReadyNAS Server

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have iTunes streaming server enabled on my ReadyNas. Firefly Media Server, version svn-1676.

I have enabled port forwarding for 3689 to my internal IP address.

I am running the Firefly Client version 0.9 beta (downloaded today) locally.

I am able to access my iTunes Server library fine from my laptop (windows XP) when I am within my LAN (192.168.1.106). I simply enter 192.168.1.106 as my host and it finds my music folder. However, when I try to access it from outside the LAN (76.91.194.70) or (http://www.jpickell.is-a-geek.com) (dyndns) I receive an error message. Connection times out, no proxy, no port. Here are the details:

[FireflyClientException] class java.net.SocketTimeoutException – Connection timed out (no proxy / no port)
    at net.firefly.client.controller.request.RSPRequestManager.isAuthenticationRequired(RSPRequestManager.java:124)
    at net.firefly.client.gui.swing.dialog.NewHostDialog$OKButtonActionListener$1.run(NewHostDialog.java:293)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I tried to be more specific from outside the LAN and enter the external ip followed by 76.91.194.70/shares/music I receive the authentication screen and a request for password. When I enter what I was fairly confident was my password, I receive an “Invalid Password” error message.

I am ltraveling for 3 months and was hoping to have access to my iTunes library from my laptop.

Anonymous
    Inactive

BTW, I opened port 3869 to access.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I removed and replaced Firefly on ReadyNAS and turned on and off the port forwarding. I now have remote access. Only open issue is how to get my playlists (the subject of my other post).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.