Aability to view how many users are connected to your music

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Feature Requests Aability to view how many users are connected to your music

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TheOriginalFake
    Participant

Hey, I’m new to Firefly and the forum, thanks so much btw for this awesome program, and allowing it to work for a Mac. I can’t tell you how many times PC has gypped Mac users. But onto the request.

I don’t know much at all about programming, so I don’t know if this could be done in this program, and its not really a request that should be taken too seriously unless you are willing to do it, but I was wondering if it would be possible to put in a feature that allows you to view, maybe in the System pref. window, how many users are connected to your music, or maybe how many users have connected per day, like you can in the “Sharing” tab in iTunes preferences. Its a weird request that doesn’t really serve much purpose at all, and therefore I don’t really mind if you say no, but I’m kind of proud of my music, and feel almost flattered if someone is actually looking at and listening to my music, because it means they at least appreciate some of the music I listen to. Thanks a lot anyways, and thanks again for the program.

CCRDude
    Participant

Have you looked at the server status page (through its web interface)?

You see how many are connected, which songs they’re streaming, and the total number of songs as well as the number of streamed songs (since you started it, not of the current day though).

For more statistics, you could probably use last.fm, there are some tricks to submit Firefly information to last.fm.

TheOriginalFake
    Participant

How do I access that? That sounds exactly what I’m interested in. I have a mac, and I see in the System Prefrences window for Firefly that there’s an option under “Advanced” that says “Additional configuration options are available from Firefly’s built-in web page. Available when Firefly is running.” And if that’s it, apparently I only have to click this button called “Open Web Page”, but its faded out and I think it might have something to do with the fact that under the “General” tab it always says that “Firefly is starting”, and it never finishes. That doesn’t stop people from being able to access and stream my music, but that might impair my ability to click that button which would allow me to view that page. Is that my problem? And if so, is there a way to fix it?

CCRDude
    Participant

If Firefly is running on Linux, it’s http://127.0.0.1:3689/ in your browser. I think Ron has changed the port for the Windows and Mac versions (since 3689 could be the original iTunes client/server), so I suggest you try visiting http://127.0.0.1:9999/ in your browser (127.0.0.1 is a generic address that always points to the local computer).

rpedde
    Participant

@CCRDude wrote:

If Firefly is running on Linux, it’s http://127.0.0.1:3689/ in your browser. I think Ron has changed the port for the Windows and Mac versions (since 3689 could be the original iTunes client/server), so I suggest you try visiting http://127.0.0.1:9999/ in your browser (127.0.0.1 is a generic address that always points to the local computer).

On the mac, mike defaulted it to an auto-assigned port, which presumably was more friendly than not knowing what port it runs on (?)

So it’s probably running on the first ephemeral port — 1024.

As far as the “Never stops starting”, that’s a bug that happens when the share name is too long. If you change your share name to something short (“firefly”, maybe?) then it should start up better, and the stuff will be un-greyed. The latest nightlies should have a fix for that as well.

Then you should be able to get into the web admin.

– Ron

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.